Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Damn,

From the report, it states the victim was a Forest Service LEO.

Pure speculation: Perhaps he did not have time to dismount and grab spray or sidearm, if he had either.

It is tough enough to draw and shoot in a timely manner, in such a situation, but to come to a stop on a bike, and do so, certainly exacerbates the problem.

Something I have thought about in the past, and again after seeing this article, was how long does it take to draw a handgun from a chest pack or fanny pack. Anyone put it on a timer, and figured out how much time they are spotting compared to a conventional belt holster?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Something I have thought about in the past, and again after seeing this article, was how long does it take to draw a handgun from a chest pack or fanny pack. Anyone put it on a timer, and figured out how much time they are spotting compared to a conventional belt holster?
    Just once from a Hill People chest pack. It takes awhile! A couple seconds more at best. SA critical. And you have to be very careful what you flag, esp whipping out your Glock.
    Last edited by JHC; 07-01-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes. The HPG kit bag is about a second and a half slower for me than my normal belt holster. It's still way faster than my Wilderness Safepacker was. It varied between three and "lots" of seconds slower, depending whether I managed to undo the fastex buckle on the first try. The Safepacker was better than having the gun at home in the safe, that's about the best I can say for it regarding draw time.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Just once from a Hill People chest pack. It takes awhile! A couple seconds more at best. SA critical. And you have to be very careful what you flag, esp whipping out your Glock.
    I wing my left arm out and keep the muzzle of the gun below the plane of my left arm, if that makes any sense at all. There's a video on the HPG website where they demonstrate a suggested draw stroke. You really do have to work it to keep from muzzling your arm though. I think it is a big mistake to buy one of these, play around with it for a few minutes, then think you are good to go. I worked a blue gun from mine a bunch.

Here's a 4" Redhawk in .45 Colt, tuned and finished by Mag-Na-Port. In a Milt Sparks HSR holster, it's right at my upper limit for a reasonable belt gun.

Name:  redhawk.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  81.1 KB

Name:  miltsparks.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  57.6 KB

SL Variant 277's vs Safariland Comp I's

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  55.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by irascible_joe View Post
    Here's a 4" Redhawk in .45 Colt, tuned and finished by Mag-Na-Port. In a Milt Sparks HSR holster, it's right at my upper limit for a reasonable belt gun.

Name:  redhawk.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  81.1 KB

Name:  miltsparks.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  57.6 KB
    That is very nice!

My bride, for an anniversary gift picked me up one of the early 4" .44 Redhawks, and I had Sparks do a holster for it. Truly an outstanding combo.

Recently I picked up a 7.5" Redhawk that has been tuned and ported by SSK Industries and Magnaport. It has the nicest double action I have ever felt on a Redhawk. I am seriously looking forward to hunting with it.

Forgot how fast the SL Variants were.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  100.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    The resemblance is striking. You going hipster on us???

Attachment 8857
    "I cut down trees, I eat my lunch,
    I go to the lava-try.
    On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
    And have buttered scones for tea."

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List