Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: electronic ear muffs

I'll add a +1 to the Howard Leight Impact Sports. Very durable, easy to replace batteries, do a good job on sound suppression, and for ME, they are very comfortable. I think they might be the best available in this price range.

We are diminished
    The Sensear w/Bluetooth is the next on my list. I'm hoping it will stream music wirelessly but it's hard to get solid information from anyone because apparently they're more commonly used in a professional environment, excuse me very much.

The noise canceling tech is supposed to be pretty impressive, but I've never tried them first hand.

Seriously, the Ozzies get hearing better than almost anyone else.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I have a set of the Champion electronic muffs you can buy at Walmart for $25. A guy at my gun club wears these and he spares no expense on his gear so I thought they must be ok if he wears them. I picked up a pair thinking I would return them if I did not like them. That being said I have been really pleased with them. They are 25 db NRR, very comfortable, well constructed, and fold up into themselves. Definite keepers for the price.

Howard Leight Impact

I'm no professional, but my mom's a speech pathologist and says that not covering the ear and only using the plugs is not ideal for long term repeated use for people like shooters. I personally hate the HL's because for my tiny cranium they don't seal properly. The Peltors are great, but they're awesome if you buy the gel cups to replace the originals.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I've been pretty happy with my Peltor Tac Pros with the gel seals. They aren't cheap but when it comes to hearing protection, I don't believe it's wise to scrimp.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    I'm no professional, but my mom's a speech pathologist and says that not covering the ear and only using the plugs is not ideal for long term repeated use for people like shooters. I personally hate the HL's because for my tiny cranium they don't seal properly. The Peltors are great, but they're awesome if you buy the gel cups to replace the originals.

That's really interesting. I have the same problem with the HLs, especially wearing eye pro. I'm going to look into the Peltors.

The eye pro and gel cups on the Peltors are the cat's meow. TGS showed me that trick.

Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

This is where I put in an endorsement for wearing 'squishies' under muffs, especially if you are shooting inside. You can still hear range commands, and you protect yourself from hearing loss associated with bone conduction, something in the ear plugs do nothing about. You also have some protection form the unexpected shot when your muffs are off.

When you consider that hearing aids run $3,000-8,000 and still don't 'fix' the problem, even the most expensive muffs seem cheap.
    Hope and change again? Really?

User Tag List