Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: electronic ear muffs

$400 and they don't even have the 3.5mm jack? Seriously?!?!
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Howard Leight Impact Sport

The shape of the headband is especially comfortable. About $60
    Noticed this on slick guns, $40 shipped today on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...g=slickguns-20

I've been using mine since Oct 2013. No issues. Been through a couple sets of batteries. Very effective, reliable, and comfortable.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-15-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

I've been using mine since Oct 2013. No issues. Been through a couple sets of batteries. Very effective, reliable, and comfortable.
    I have two sets, I absolutely love them. What a deal!

I had one ear of the Howard Leights go out on me after about four months' worth of usage. Apart from that, I found the sound quality/ability to pick up conversations slightly better than the Peltor 6Ss I bought to replace them (important for me when doing the RSO thing).

do the Howard leight impact sport muffs hurt anyone else's ears after prolonged wear? is this just something that comes along with ear muffs or are my ears just too big?

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    do the Howard leight impact sport muffs hurt anyone else's ears after prolonged wear? is this just something that comes along with ear muffs or are my ears just too big?
    Could be your eye pro also. The ess glasses have really thin "arms" so its like they're not there.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Could be your eye pro also. The ess glasses have really thin "arms" so its like they're not there.
    thanks I will look into that possibility as I am guilty of just buying the cheapest safety glasses possible for shooting

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Wow. Great price.
    Just paid ~$50 on sale at Cabelas for a second pair a week or two ago so that my wife would give me mine back.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Used Howard Leights with ESS Suppressors (low profile eyepro designed for muff use to prevent headaches and discomfort) for a few years and for the money they simply can't be beat. Just ordered a pair of Sordin X's and some Surefire plugs so we'll see how much more comfortable they are in the long run. The HL's work fine but they're uncomfortable when worn for 6 hours and they don't seal perfectly easily.

Basically it seems you either buy HL's and enjoy or you go balls out and spend money. All the products in-between don't really offer anything substantial.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    Very much so. Fixed with gel cups attached to Sordins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List