Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: electronic ear muffs

Quote Originally Posted by splittime View Post
    I have a set of those with gel inserts. http://www.safariland.com/electronic...P.html#start=1

Does anyone else run TCI brand muffs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These look IDENTICAL to my supreme pro-X... What is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    They have better environmental protection than the Pro-X, and supposedly have superior sound quality; here's what one of TCI's employees said over on Lightfighter back in 2012:
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc51
    The TCI DEHP is our guts, like just about all the stuff we make. The shell is a Sordin, built for us to our specs (ie a TCI headset will have some features that a Sordin will not). The electronics and digital signal processor are our proprietary electronics. In fact when we get the Sordins in through MSA they are non-functional until we build in our electronics.
    I know Pat Rogers will affirm that they have much better sound quality than stock Pro-Xs. Personally I plan on getting a set down the line, and relegate my Pro-X to back-up duty.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 09-22-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    TCI - $445
    Pro-X - $320

TCI - 1 year warranty
    Pro-X - 5 year warranty

...are a couple differences I noticed. I know zip about them, otherwise.

Just wanted to drop a head's up on my negative review earlier: I had a chance to try on a buddies sordins (albeit a much older pair) and the sound quality was great compared to mine. I'll be sending an email to SRS today to get mine sorted out, I'm guessing I just got a lemon.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Just wanted to drop a head's up on my negative review earlier: I had a chance to try on a buddies sordins (albeit a much older pair) and the sound quality was great compared to mine. I'll be sending an email to SRS today to get mine sorted out, I'm guessing I just got a lemon.
    Hope it works out.

The ability to get USA warranty service was a big part of my decision to purchase from SRS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone here have experience with the Peltor TEP-100s?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Does anyone here have experience with the Peltor TEP-100s?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post344685

Although I did see you already posted in that thread, so I guess NVM.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 09-24-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post344685

Although I did see you already posted in that thread, so I guess NVM.
    No, you were timely with your reminder. I'm just even more stupid than usual today. Thanks, man. I'll be getting a pair and reviewing them soon.
    #RESIST

New update on the current saga of goofy sound output on my Sordins that you may find interesting:

I sent the pair in to SRS for a tech to look at them and he let me know that ever since MSA bought out Sordin their sound quality has suffered and that is indeed how they normally sound. He mentioned he could put in some resistors to reduce the fluctuating effect at the expense of some volume so I told him to go ahead with that. I guess according to him the muffs I tried on were old models (they were) and they used to sound a lot better.

I'll see how they sound when I get them back (hopefully at least the fluttering is gone). SRS has been great regardless.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List