Thread: So how's Afghanistan going there, Barry??

So how's Afghanistan going there, Barry??

“How much are we spending annually in Afghanistan? How much is the cost to the American taxpayer?”
    -----
    “Anybody know?” Mr. Rohrabacker asked. “Nobody knows the total budget, what we’re spending in Afghanistan. It’s a hearing on Afghanistan. Can I have an estimate?
    -----
    “How many killed and wounded have we suffered in the last 12 months,” he asked.
    Again, none of the three had an answer. Mr. Dumont said he would get back to him.
    “We’re supposed to believe you fellows have a plan that is going to end up in a positive way in Afghanistan,” the congressman said. “Holy cow.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2nO2EFLVE
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

That hearing, as reported, shows an unbelievable lack of care and regard for finite US resources.

I would say something angry but at this point, I am too unsurprised.

Every Field Grade Officer in the United States Military Should resign in protest.

Site Supporter
    These men are a reflection of their leadership.

The witnesses: James F. Dobbins, State’s special representative to Afghanistan and Pakistan; Donald Sampler, assistant to the administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development, which provides civilian foreign aid; and Michael Dumont, deputy assistant secretary of defense for Afghanistan, Pakistan and Central Asia.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That hearing, as reported, shows an unbelievable lack of care and regard for finite US resources.
    What do they care? It's not their sons and daughters over there fighting the war.

It's pretty sad how far society as a whole has become disengaged from the global setting, diplomacy, wars, and economics. As long as everyone is more worried about the latest BS iPhone, and gay rights to even care how many service members have died in the last 12 month providing that blanket blissful security. I wish they would bring the draft back and make every single snot nosed kid serve 2 years, at least they wouldn't be so ignorant. But that would never work, as long as retards like the bone heads running the current war are setting the example, the rest will fallow them right off the cliff.

Sad...

User Tag List