Thread: Sight/Slide Gap

Sight/Slide Gap

I've installed numerous NS via mallet and brass punch + minor sanding. This is the first time I've sent my slide off to have them fitted (I had heard HDs on P30s were a pain). Also, this is the first time my sights haven't been flush against the slide. I sent them to Trijicon and this is what I received a month later:
    Is this abnormal or is my OCD flaring up again? More importantly, would this gap create an issue with POI/POA vs the factory sights?
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Site Supporter
    It's been a while since I've had a P30, but doesn't the dovetail have a groove down the middle? If so, I'm not seeing any cause for concern with the rear sight.

As for the front sight. I have a few guns with a slight air gap under the front blade, but none are as severe as what you've pictured. I wouldn't worry about it. If it breaks off, it's their install and their sight - so you can more easily push them on a warranty issue.

Awesome, thanks.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

To fix the aesthetics, all you have to do is pack gun grease into the voids. The grease will block the light, so you won't see it anymore, and what you don't see won't trouble you any longer.

Yeah, that'd certainly always bother me. Would worry about bending if dropped onto concrete.

Site Supporter
    IME: Front sights tend to snap, not bend.

User Tag List