Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: QuickClot, Tourniquet, or Both?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Thats for the study, it is a awesome piece to read.

I could care less about making it harder for the trauma doc at the hospital (within reasonable limits of course), I want to make sure they have enough blood left to make it there.

Thanks for everyone's time and expertise. I've sat in many EMT classes, thinking the person is just wrong when talking about TQ's and QuikClot.

Cookie Monster
    The folks working trauma in Iraq and Afghanistan are at the cutting edge and often have more practical experience than the medical establishment here. Old notions sometimes die hard, and the old canards about TQ use seem to be especially resilient even in the face of so much evidence.

Those perpetuating the outdated ideas in the face of such a mountain of evidence are actively doing harm to others. Tom Jones' wife is alive today because there was a TQ handy when she needed it. Had this retarded prejudice against a proven life-saving tool made her command structure waver on the decision for even a short while longer, she likely wouldn't be here.

That's why this form of ignorance needs to be mercilessly smashed...because people's lives are at stake.
    3/15/2016

Just like to remind everyone that the folks working trauma in Vietnam came up with MAST pants, which took us 20 years or so to figure out they didn't work.

So I ended up with a quik clot trauma pad and an Olaes bandage in the kit I put together as my "hemostatic remedy", which might have other uses. Would Combat Gauze alone replace these two items considering it is treated with a clotting agent?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy99 View Post
    So I ended up with a quik clot trauma pad and an Olaes bandage in the kit I put together as my "hemostatic remedy", which might have other uses. Would Combat Gauze alone replace these two items considering it is treated with a clotting agent?
    I view gauze and compression bandages as two different things. You can pack penetrating wounds with gauze.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    I view gauze and compression bandages as two different things. You can pack penetrating wounds with gauze.
    You know what, you're right. Two separate things. Bad question.

Quote Originally Posted by cutter View Post
    Just like to remind everyone that the folks working trauma in Vietnam came up with MAST pants, which took us 20 years or so to figure out they didn't work.
    I had never heard of MAST pants before this post, then I see this today:
    http://soldiersystems.net/2013/12/16...medical-group/
    The Mechanical Blood Volumizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    The Oales has removeable gauze for packing in the bandage. .

Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    The Oales has removeable gauze for packing in the bandage. .
    This is true, but I was responding to Oales vs. QC Gauze.

Dogtown, The Committee on TCCC has held QC Combat Gauze as the standard since they yanked Wound Stat. That isn't to say it's the best. That says it is what the highly political committee working under the auspices of a very political organization have left as the status quo.
    In DOD's 2012 study on newer hemostatics on the market vs. Combat Gauze, Celox gauze (as issued to Her Majesty's Forces) outperformed CG by a notable margin. It is a British made product, however. That could potentially cause issues for DoD procurement in broad strokes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

User Tag List