Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching "Flashpoint"?

Anyone watching "Flashpoint"?

Description, from Wikipedia:
    "The show focuses on a fictional elite tactical unit, the Strategic Response Unit (SRU), within a Canadian metropolitan police force (styled on the Toronto Police Emergency Task Force[4]). The SRU are tasked to resolve extreme situations that regular officers are not trained to handle, including hostage-taking, bomb threats, and heavily armed criminals. Although the team is seldom seen doing so, they often discuss their "day job" of serving high-risk arrest warrants. Equipped with high-tech tools and a cache of weapons and explosives, members use negotiation tactics and intuition to try to avoid the use of deadly force, which they exert only after all other options have been exhausted. The outcome of a given situation is often determined by a split-second decision, hence the show's title."

I find a lot of interesting things in this show, but mostly it's just a mildly enjoyable, something to watch in the evening.
    Maybe some of our Canadian folks can chime in. The show portrays gun ownership in Canada as this crazy thing that always requires extreme response from the fictional SRU.
    I figured this might be fun romper room material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen it. It always amuses me that they wear full tactical gear along with caps.

it is full of so much fail as to not be recognizable as Canada other than the accents and licence plates. To list all the things wrong in the show would take me a week. That and the acting is amongst the worst I've ever had to endure.
    That said, it's popular and employs a lot of Canadians in our film industry, so it must be a plus, somehow...
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    it is full of so much fail as to not be recognizable as Canada other than the accents and licence plates. To list all the things wrong in the show would take me a week. That and the acting is amongst the worst I've ever had to endure.
    That said, it's popular and employs a lot of Canadians in our film industry, so it must be a plus, somehow...
    Thank you for chiming in! You are one of the folks I was hoping to hear from. I'm glad that's not the real Canada, I didn't really think it was.
    I can't quite place why I like the show, maybe it's my ridiculously low standards, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
    Thank you for chiming in! You are one of the folks I was hoping to hear from. I'm glad that's not the real Canada, I didn't really think it was.
    I can't quite place why I like the show, maybe it's my ridiculously low standards, lol.
    I've always been somewhat entertained by it, for some reason. I know it's a lot of BS. I have low standards as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Strange Brew FTW.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
    I can't quite place why I like the show,
    Let me help you with that:

There it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    There it is.

your username and that post = irony

There is another Canadian copish show called Cracked that I do like, even with the almost as ridiculous gun handling and PC BS about guns in it. The acting is far better though, and the stories much better.
    We've recently been discussing gun handling on Almost Human and Tomorrow People with a buddy of mine who is an armorer on both shows, as well as props guy and sometimes technical expert too. Directors pretty much overrule all the sensible stuff, and actually tell actors to hold the guns or manipulate them in the dumbest ways, even after Ryan tells them otherwise (at their request of course, no offering of opinions without being asked unless you're the animal guy in charge of the bear or skunk or other "dangerous" critters). He also worked on Stargate (even appearing in a few episodes with the most amazing haircuts), and had the same challenges there, Battlestar Gallactica too. Very very seldom are guns properly represented in movies or TV, add in our stupid laws and 30 years of Liberal re-education, and it filters into productions even more so. The horror stories he told of us making Shooter and other films are pretty incredible.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Let me help you with that:

Ah, there it is... thanks Chief! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List