Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 92FS Cent

92FS Cent

I have been talking with a former soldier who has a collection of 92s and he has offered to sell his 92FS cent. I know the 92FS guns very well and was wondiering if selling a Sig P228 (I have 2) to get this gun would be wise. Before people go crazy they are both safe queens. My P30 and 2000sk get the most carry time then the Walther PPS. I always shoot 50 rounds out of a G23 ever other range visit because my wife carries one off duty and it is just one of those things she can carry in places I cannot.

With being a soldier and having been tasked to train other staff officers on the M9 along with trainig Advisiors going to Iraq and Afghansitan after my last Advisor tour to Iraq 8 hours a day I can pick up a M9 and feel comfortable. Also got to shoot all the M885 I wanted since on the short range marksmenship ranges I ran we I always had ammo. I can also do that with a Glock 19 due to training Iraqi National Police on small arms.

Now you know a little about me this would go with my Beretta 90-2 in 9mm that I shoot for fun and to practice up before matches with the VaANG team.

Site Supporter
    I'm having a hard time following your question. Is this a good summary?

You have to help train some folks that will be using an M9. You want a personal gun to brush-up your skills, and you want to know if a 92 Centurion or a 90-Two is better for this task?

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I'm having a hard time following your question. Is this a good summary?

You have to help train some folks that will be using an M9. You want a personal gun to brush-up your skills, and you want to know if a 92 Centurion or a 90-Two is better for this task?
    Sorry JV.

Tried to type on the computer at work in between tasks.

I am wondering with my background in shooting the M9 and the rare ness of the 92FS centurion models would justify getting rid of one of my safe queen Sig P228s.

I could get profit for the Sig since the 92FS Centurian is not going to cost as much also I know I would shoot the 92FS centurion more because I actually enjoy shooting the M9. I am comfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Sorry JV.

Tried to type on the computer at work in between tasks.

I am wondering with my background in shooting the M9 and the rare ness of the 92FS centurion models would justify getting rid of one of my safe queen Sig P228s.

I could get profit for the Sig since the 92FS Centurian is not going to cost as much also I know I would shoot the 92FS centurion more because I actually enjoy shooting the M9. I am comfortable with it.
    Well, this certainly clears things up.

I have absolutely no idea what thought you're trying to convey so unfortunately I can't be of any help.

Site Supporter
    Oh. Here's my suggestion:

Sell all safe queens that don't hold sentimental/heirloom value.

Pick one gun that you enjoy shooting, shoot it a bunch, get some good training, and stop switching guns.

Don't buy guns that will be future safe queens.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Oh. Here's my suggestion:

Sell all safe queens that don't hold sentimental/heirloom value.

Pick one gun that you enjoy shooting, shoot it a bunch, get some good training, and stop switching guns.

Don't buy guns that will be future safe queens.
    Very Nice! +1

Wow-that was a muddle to read through...My suggestion would be yes, to sell one of the P228s to finance the Centurion. It'll make a good companion piece to your 90-Two. I wouldn't exactly classify a Centurion as "rare," however-it just seems that those who have 'em tend to hang on them.

Alternatively, you might want to sell off some of your excess inventory and simply buy either another or another variant of your primary use/carry weapon, which sounds like your HK family-perhaps a P30 L or a LEM variant. Since the hardest part of a pistol to conceal is the butt (versus the slide), you're no really going to see that much of a difference in the Centurion compared to your 90-Two, as it's basically a full-size 92 frame (with slight modifications) mated to a shorter barrel/slide.

I understand your divergent interests-but the greater your platform standardization, the less muscle memory confusion/transition time, and presumably the greater your performance achievements in lesser amounts of training time.

Best, Jon

John,

You are correct I am trying to lower the amount of platforms I have and the 92 series is just easier for me to use. The HK is the other system I have and I prefer the V3 but I do not have an issue trying the LEM. I have used LEM before. I just got caught up with good deals on the HK's in version three so I started to learn those.

Thanks for the help everyone else.

ffh

Your profile says you are a Army Captain, I am assuming you're still AD. If this is the case, than I would say owning a 92fs is an obvious good idea. Staying current and building your skill sets with a platform you will be carrying throughout your career, is a really smart idea IMHO.

As for selling your different guns, trying to stay on one platform, or owning safe queens. That's pretty much a personal thing, I own more than a few "toys" and "safe queens" that have no other purpose other than being part of my collection. But I would say getting a 92fs is a great idea sir.

Thanks Joseph,

Thanks again for the good suggestions. I am just trying to limit the amount of guns and even cal's that I need to keep up with. Spares are not bad just for a long time I was out of Sigs but two a P228 and a P229 SAS gen2. I thought I wanted to go back to Sig so I got another P228 but the HK P30 had a better feel in my hand and a better trigger in my opinion.

Rich

User Tag List