Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New IDPA Rules Clarifications are out!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Time on each stage. As, Bs, Cs, Ds, Mikes on each stage. Hits on no-shoots. For simplicity's sake I'd say Lim and Production. For Limited I'd need to know who was major and who was minor.

I'd propose -- unless there is objection -- that we ignore procedurals as that doesn't really have a germane connection. But I'll count them if folks think that's more appropriate.

I doubt there is a way to calculate Failures to Neutralize without knowing scores for each individual target so that will also probably have to be left out.
    I can pull that, email it over tomorrow.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I can pull that, email it over tomorrow.
    Rgr rgr. I'll try to crunch the numbers over the weekend but it may have to wait until after the holidays.

We have forgotten the two most basic things related to competitive shooting:
    1) Each shooter has strengths and weaknesses and will play to their strengths and "make up" for their weaknesses in their own unique manner;
    2) "Competition" inherently means competing against other comparably skilled shooters;

Because each sport has developed its' own methods and rules, each shooter will "play" each game differently depending on many circumstances:
    - Who else is in the competition (and how good are they?...what are their strengths and weaknesses, etc.);
    - How well you performed as you progress through the stages (Doing well in the first stages may make a shooter slow down for later stages to minimize mistakes/non-alpha shots, but doing poorly on the first stages may make a shooter to "go for broke" on the later stages by speeding up);
    - Environmental variables, such as weather, mud, gravel, temperature, etc;
    - Prestige/awards for the particular match may incentivize some shooters to step up their speed or accuracy, depending on the game.

The reason I love to compete is that it is different every time.

CC
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Rgr rgr. I'll try to crunch the numbers over the weekend but it may have to wait until after the holidays.
    That is all on the USPSA website. You just have to go into each competitor to get the hits.

User Tag List