Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New IDPA Rules Clarifications are out!

New IDPA Rules Clarifications are out!

That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Vision Barriers

Rule 6.13 takes care of the "Humanoid-shaped vision barriers" issue from the Nationals that Caleb (iirc) brought to our attention a few months ago.

I think it's funny that the Lone Wolf 21T slide is not allowed due to the cutout in the top of the slide. The 21T slide is the same length as the legal G34/G35 slide....

I don't shoot IDPA, but from an outsiders perspective it seems like the California of the shooting sports.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicToaster View Post
    Rule 6.13 takes care of the "Humanoid-shaped vision barriers" issue from the Nationals that Caleb (iirc) brought to our attention a few months ago.
    The stink that those things caused was pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    The stink that those things caused was pretty epic.
    It wouldn't have been an issue if they didn't regulate the no shoot to target ratio. If those "vision barriers" were actually no shoots that would've been one of the most accurate IDPA stages ever. Possibly the most accurate practical shooting stage ever. Well other than a stage that involves screaming like a little gir... I mean doing a manly war scream while emptying a J-frame into an attacker.

Beyond that it is mostly nit picky stuff that comes from the strict equipment rules that the IDPA has.

I just noticed that the official IDPA rulebook now acknowledges kilts as a garment.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I just noticed that the official IDPA rulebook now acknowledges kilts as a garment.
    I know two guys who wear them....with Cargo pockets!!!

Not for me, tho.
    CC
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Interesting that you can no longer fire while holding spare ammo. What's the rationale for that? I know of at least one match where a mover activated while I was tac-loading, and I shot it with the chambered round, with no mag currently in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Interesting that you can no longer fire while holding spare ammo. What's the rationale for that? I know of at least one match where a mover activated while I was tac-loading, and I shot it with the chambered round, with no mag currently in the gun.
    "That kitten will get you killed on the street"

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Because tactical.

User Tag List