Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta [Vertex] FS trouble shoot

I just replace my OEM-style trigger return springs on a semi-regular basis - once a quarter, maybe?

The semi-frustrating thing is that the feel of the trigger changes with the different springs to some degree - oh well. HTFU and dry fire more...

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I literally couldn't discern any difference between my OEM one and the reduced-power TCU on my 92D-but keep in mind that my 1996 production 92D had the much more fragile/problematic OEM trigger return spring.
    I don't even know when my Elite 2 was made.
    I did take subjectivity out and used NRA weight set. SA pull with reduced power TCU was over 4 lbs, with stock spring - under 3.5.
    As an experiment, I am going to run mine till failure. Coming off 7.5k replacement intervals of a trs for P30, the Beretta part will be easier to install and cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Beretta part will be easier to install
    If you have a dental pick...

I have a very small phillips head screwdriver that I use to install the TRS.

very easy

Damn, I was hoping to be the one to jump in and solve this issue...
    But good to know it's up and running.

Regarding the Wolfe vs factory trigger return spring. I tried out both weights of the Wolfe setup and didn't like either one. The standard was too heavy and felt like it was binding (tried numerous ones with no difference in feel), the light one didn't feel like it returned the trigger fast enough or with enough force for me. I like a trigger to push my finger forward when I release, I always felt like the Wolfe one was just slow. I only ever broke a couple trigger return springs in my Elite II's, but felt the risk was worth it just for the way they felt in the gun.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List