Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regional Training Subforum?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I need a more detailed request/suggestion.
    You bet:

Add a sub-forum layer under the current “Regional Forum” area.

Each new sub-forum would correspond to a selected geographic region of the US. This could be similar to USPSA Areas, for example:

http://www.uspsa8.org/?page_id=90

The advantage of separate regional sub forums would be to promote both trainers and those looking to train a central, geographically focused sub forum to find each other.

Currently, the Regional Forum allows classes nationwide to be posted. It is my view that the primary selection criteria of the average trainee / trainer in taking / offering a class is in terms of where it will be provided.

A breakout of the Regional Forum into a number of sub-forums would imho assist greatly in facilitating this.

National or significant interest classes could of course still be posted at the Forum Level.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    You bet:

Each new sub-forum would correspond to a selected geographic region of the US.
    I like this idea. As one of the forum's few Mountaineers I'll add this in advance. WV belongs in the South subforum. We occasionally get put in Northeast subforums and that's just fucked up.

Edited to add: We got fucked in that USPSA map as well. Nobody here identifies as Midwestern.
    Last edited by scjbash; 10-30-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I like this idea. As one of the forum's few Mountaineers I'll add this in advance. WV belongs in the South subforum. We occasionally get put in Northeast subforums and that's just fucked up.

Edited to add: We got fucked in that USPSA map as well. Nobody here identifies as Midwestern.
    Ya'll had your chance to be in the south...... now you have to deal with the consequences.....

Also concur with all above, need to get the Eastern NC group started up, for when I get back from deployment... I got ranges and access to share with friends and shit....
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 11-08-2019 at 09:43 AM. Reason: added stuff

Did I miss a specific request? Holler.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Did I miss a specific request? Holler.
    Yes please.

1) I would like to request the addition of several (TBD) "REGIONAL SUBFORUMS" underneath the current REGIONAL FORUM.

Rationale is as follows. Here is a screenshot of the current regional forum:

Attachment 44560

As you can see, the Regional Forum is currently "flat", and all threads posted in it are "at the same level" or across the entirety of the USA and world. It is my thinking that, with the simple addition of one more layer "under" the current regional forum, that those seeking training, as well as those offering training, would have a more centralized sub-forum for which to seek and provide firearms training.

The first thing I look for, after determining which instructor I would like to train with, is where the class will be offered. I am in Tampa FL. Classes which take place in Oregon are too far for me to go. But, I would possibly consider a day's journey as well as a hotel reservation if I could locate training "near" me, or within my "Region", if you will.

2) As an example of what I am talking about, please see the screen shot below of the current "GENERAL DISCUSSION" forum.

Attachment 44563

Please note the "Coterie Club" Subforum, which appears "under" the GENERAL DISCUSSION Forum.

In a like manner, the new set of "REGIONAL SUBFORUMS" could be inserted "under" the REGIONAL FORUM, enabling point 1) above.

3) It would need to be determined what, exactly, constituted a "REGION" for the purposes of the new REGIONAL SUBFORUM. As an example that could be leveraged, the current USPSA national map is divided into 8 regions. Here is a picture of the USPSA map:

Attachment 44564

If this proposal were adopted, using (as an example) the USPSA regions, then 8 new REGIONAL SUBFORUMS would be inserted "under" the current REGIONAL forum. After this took place, then students and teachers of the pistol would then have the ability to post threads seeking and offering training, geographically, within the new REGIONAL SUBFORUMS.

This would facilitate the primary Mission Statement of this site, namely, "...for Teachers and Students of the Pistol".

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Yes please.

1) I would like to request the addition of several (TBD) "REGIONAL SUBFORUMS" underneath the current REGIONAL FORUM.

Rationale is as follows. Here is a screenshot of the current regional forum:

Attachment 44560

As you can see, the Regional Forum is currently "flat", and all threads posted in it are "at the same level" or across the entirety of the USA and world. It is my thinking that, with the simple addition of one more layer "under" the current regional forum, that those seeking training, as well as those offering training, would have a more centralized sub-forum for which to seek and provide firearms training.

The first thing I look for, after determining which instructor I would like to train with, is where the class will be offered. I am in Tampa FL. Classes which take place in Oregon are too far for me to go. But, I would possibly consider a day's journey as well as a hotel reservation if I could locate training "near" me, or within my "Region", if you will.

2) As an example of what I am talking about, please see the screen shot below of the current "GENERAL DISCUSSION" forum.

Attachment 44563

Please note the "Coterie Club" Subforum, which appears "under" the GENERAL DISCUSSION Forum.

In a like manner, the new set of "REGIONAL SUBFORUMS" could be inserted "under" the REGIONAL FORUM, enabling point 1) above.

3) It would need to be determined what, exactly, constituted a "REGION" for the purposes of the new REGIONAL SUBFORUM. As an example that could be leveraged, the current USPSA national map is divided into 8 regions. Here is a picture of the USPSA map:

Attachment 44564

If this proposal were adopted, using (as an example) the USPSA regions, then 8 new REGIONAL SUBFORUMS would be inserted "under" the current REGIONAL forum. After this took place, then students and teachers of the pistol would then have the ability to post threads seeking and offering training, geographically, within the new REGIONAL SUBFORUMS.

This would facilitate the primary Mission Statement of this site, namely, "...for Teachers and Students of the Pistol".

Rich
    Bump?

I’ve chosen to use the USPSA area maps for regional stuff on my site. It’s a s good as any.

Due to the COVID, I don’t have a map up, but you can search by “FirearmsTrainingHub.com/area**”

**fill in your area number, 1-8, here.
    David S.

User Tag List