Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regional Training Subforum?

Site Supporter

Regional Training Subforum?

I keep hearing that having a competent training partner is a huge asset to making progress towards being a better shooter. I agree with this 100%.

It seems that a good portion of the membership is located in the mid Atlantic area. For those of us not from there, finding other shooters interested in training or doing something other than shooting dirt can be difficult. Wading through local forums can be trying at best.

Has a regional training subforum ever been considered here at Pistol-Forum?

Thanks for any consideration.

Eric

+1. I've been meaning to start a thread to round up the TX shooters but a subforum would be better.

How would it work?
    would it be broken down by parts of the country as in Southwest, Northeast etc?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    How would it work?
    would it be broken down by parts of the country as in Southwest, Northeast etc?
    Good question. I didn't want a 50 state subforum. However, some of the other regional training forums based on generalized locations were way too broad and consequently received little attention. For example, one that I have seen grouped everything from Maine to New Jersey as the Northeast. While that is technically correct, it is a lot of ground and a lot of states with varying laws.

I suppose that the parts of the country approach is the best option with the threads within that subforum being more localized.

If anyone else has other ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Eric

Maybe those wishing to find a high quality training partner would post a "Wanted" or similar and the specific area. Then those in that area that would like to participate could reply. This would limit the threads only to those that were actively looking for someone to train with. If the number of threads grows to be unmanageable, then they could be grouped into broader sub forums.

maybe a single subforum for location based training etc.

forum could contain threads for each range, with a standardized naming format so it can be found via search (IE, range named and city/state in thread title).

people could then search for ranges near them and see if anything comes up, and post their range if they get nada.

just spitballin'

Quote Originally Posted by epete View Post
    Good question. I didn't want a 50 state subforum. However, some of the other regional training forums based on generalized locations were way too broad and consequently received little attention. For example, one that I have seen grouped everything from Maine to New Jersey as the Northeast. While that is technically correct, it is a lot of ground and a lot of states with varying laws.

Eric
    I agreee that this would be the best way to to do it as well.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Necro bump.

So I was actually thinking about this the other day, did a search, and this thread popped up.

Seems to me recently I’ve seen new member ask for training advice regarding classes in their area. One of the most important items of information a trainer can post is the class location.

Would it not make sense to put these two target groups in touch with a thoughtfully defined set of regional sub groups within the current “one size fits most” Regional Training forum we have now?

I need a more detailed request/suggestion.
    #RESIST

Can you guys just start a thread for your area or state or area in the current Regional Training sub forum and see how it goes?

Rich could start a SW FL thread, One of DFW folks could start a DFW thread, and go from there. Based on what I've seen on other forums, regional subforums typically don't get much, if any action.
    David S.

User Tag List