Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Training In Cold Climates.

I was seriously thinking about a range trip this weekend, it was sunny and 0 degrees F, but after the windchill a brisk -15 or so. For Slavex, that's -26 of your silly degrees.

Anyway, at that temperature guns start doing all sorts of weird things, so I decided to stay inside and dry fire instead. I chose wisely.

-15F here in CO this morning -- just in from a range session. It is a dry cold here.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I just ducked out to run a mag each thru the twins (consecutive SN G19's). First rounds thru each of them.
    14° F with -11°F Wind Chill and a snow storm. My hi-tech Wally World clothing performed like a champ.
    The most dangerous moment was walking back into the garage with my boots slick with snow.
    My wife thinks y'all are a bad influence on me.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

I went to the range yesterday, it was a rather chilly 63 degrees.

Wayne and I went out on Friday. High 30's with a cold wind........but I wore shorts, so does that count.

Oh yea....with also both shot pretty well on several drills, so I was pleased. Wayne's got his pet Glock 19 tweaked perfectly for extraction and ejection pattern and he runs the crap out of it. I shot my P2000 that I am carrying a lot these days and was really pleased. I am hoping to get som Trijicon HD's on it in the near future, but otherwise the thing is a really good shooter and works great for AIWB in a TT Gunleather AIWB holster (or a fanny pack).
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Put down a brass magnet so picking up brass is easier. Its just a net with weighted ends. Keep the truck running so you can get back in and warm up when needed. Try to limit your total time in the cold.
    Pat

User Tag List