Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: SAFETY ADVISORY: Winchester Ranger Bonded 9mm 147 grain (Q4364)

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Check the date code to see when it was made; if it was before 2010, you likely have no problems.

--NOTE that this post originally had a typo, it is corrected above.
    It is a very specific problem, confined to a recent time frame, and it will likely be fixed next year...
    No. That is not what anyone is saying. Win had some labor issues resulting in poor QC at the Alton plant beginning on 2010. That is what has been stated. Some ammo from that plant, in that time period may have QC issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr3 View Post
    Does anyone have information on the Winchester Ranger 147gr 9mm SGammo just got in?

" Winchester Ranger Sku number Z Q4392 ammunition is the FBI substitute load for the Law enforcement load # RA9B, which is to say it is the same ammo as RA9B just with the government contract Sku number Q4392. We were able to get a very small lot of this ammo, less than half a pallet, that was available from a contract overrun. A great low cost option for high performance JHP 9mm ammo that meets FBI performance standards for deep penetration and expansion. This ammo is 2014 manufacture."

Any reason this ammo shouldn't be trusted for self-defense use? I can't find much other standard pressure 147 gr 9mm JHP in stock.

Thanks.
    See above

I wasn't sure if there were more issues with this load. Or if others had something new to add.

I wasn't sure if there were more issues with this load. Or if others had something new to add.
    Sounds like it was staff related QC issues. 4 years later, I would hope, Winchester would have it ironed out (doubtful they would maintain contracts if they didn't).

SAFETY ADVISORY: Winchester Ranger Bonded 9mm 147 grain (Q4364)

The stuff shoots good. I'd be sticking up if I didn't have more than I need/less than I want of HST 9mm (and about 300 rounds of that particular Winchester load). Only complaint I have is that's it's dirty as hell (much like Winchester NATO I shoot a fair amount)

The ammo for sale now at SGAmmo is # Q4392 mfg. 2014.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Is the QC problem resolved?

User Tag List