Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    If a given G42 were to run through, say, 200 rounds of Precision One 90gr without any feeding issues, I would have absolutely no problem carrying one.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Ran 50rds of Fiocchi 90gr XTP's and 50rds of 90gr HydraShok, along with another 50rds of Fed 90gr FMJ today, no issues.

The extra set of AmeriGlo CAP sights I installed were right on elevation-wise out to 15yds so they will definitely stay put.

Ran 50rds of Fiocchi 90gr XTP's and 50rds of 90gr HydraShok, along with another 50rds of Fed 90gr FMJ today, no issues.

The extra set of AmeriGlo CAP sights I installed were right on elevation-wise out to 15yds so they will definitely stay put.
    I missed it. Which CAP sights did you install?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    I missed it. Which CAP sights did you install?
    Just a spare set I had laying around from a G19.

Last edited by NickDrak; 02-16-2014 at 01:21 PM.

I tried several 32acp , 380ACP from Beretta , seacamp , NNA , Colt Mustang . I gave them up and went back to a S&W J.

With a J frame I can keep my 5rds touching at 7y and shoot tighter groups at distance. I couldn't do that with the pistols above.

A fully loaded Glock 380 is only 15oz. That appeals to me since my M642 is that empty.

I wish it could be done in 9mm

Love those sights! wish I had them on my P229 and P30S

BTW
    Don't you collect automatic knives. I think I remember you over at bladeforums back in the mid to late 90`s

Are those sights as tall as they look? They look a lot taller than stock in the picture.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Are those sights as tall as they look? They look a lot taller than stock in the picture.
    Dude. It's a G42. Every sight not scaled down to G42 size is going to look monstrous.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Yep, they are a bit taller but with the factory sights I was hitting way high at 15 yards. These hit right on the top of the front sight post out to 15yds.

PensFan
    A couple of notes about the G42

a) Holding lower third of the gun will induce feeding issues on pretty much every autoloader. You're lowering the fulcrum point on the gun. Duh! Why is this even a question.
    b) Glock rectified the slide lock lever used and a slide release issue many many years ago by changing the angle of the slide notch. Clearly evident by the fact that they produce extended SSL's now standard on the G34/35's. You do not have to "sling shot" the guns anymore. That said, in my testing with some defensive ammo on the G42 "sling shot" chambering the first round seems to be more reliable. Once chambered I have seen very few FTF issues with any ammo.
    c) It's not wise at this time to mess with the trigger assembly on G42's. Tolerances are very tight and if you don't know what you're doing you will likely damage or create a problem. Being a "Certified Glock Armorer" don't mean you have know everything about the G42. I'm sure Glock is working on the manual to update for the new designs found in the G42.
    d) G42's ship with a 6.1mm rear sight and a 4.1mm front sight at this time. My experience is that they do shoot POA POI out to 15yds. Hitting left for me was all about trigger reach issues, adjusting my grip for the short reach and trigger manipulation cleaned that up.

User Tag List