Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    source?
    None worth citing. Totally unverified not-for-attribution comments by SHOT show attendees relaying hearsay from off-record Glock employees.

That said, it was plausible in context and came from folks not known for making up wish-fulfillment stories.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    They have?!?

This would be, of course, good news. But where will they scale it up, dimensionally?
    The magazine well is already wide enough to accommodate a single stack of 9x19, eliminating the slight stagger of the 380 rounds.

Seems to me (and I have not taken calipers to a G42 to verify this) that increasing the fore-aft dimension of the mag well and ejection port by 0.2" or so would size it nicely for 9x19 (1.169in) over 380 (0.984in).
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

who is going to earn a FAST Coin with this thing?
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    They have?!?

This would be, of course, good news. But where will they scale it up, dimensionally? Aside from *considerable* width (and weight) the 42 isn't a whole lot smaller than the G26, as many have noted. If they scale up, it will be a thinner, but likely longer G26. Although, I guess I could get behind that. A 3913 for the Koolaid set.

All grist for the mill. Just doing my part to break 80.
    Looking at the Sig 238 and 938, the difference appears to be primarily in the slide. The 938's slide is heavier, longer, and thicker. The frame is, of course, slightly larger on the 938 to fit the longer 9mm cartridges. I wonder if Glock would try a similar trick.
    3/15/2016

I heard somewhere there were no plans to turn the G42 into a 9mm. I don't think the current platform
    would support 9mm. That was my impression at least and I have no additional details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    None worth citing. Totally unverified not-for-attribution comments by SHOT show attendees relaying hearsay from off-record Glock employees.

That said, it was plausible in context and came from folks not known for making up wish-fulfillment stories.
    I also heard from my Glock Armorer instructor that they were making a carbine. This was in 2010.

You must understand my skepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Looking at the Sig 238 and 938, the difference appears to be primarily in the slide. The 938's slide is heavier, longer, and thicker. The frame is, of course, slightly larger on the 938 to fit the longer 9mm cartridges. I wonder if Glock would try a similar trick.
    If they do build a 9mm they'll have to basically build it from the ground up.

I think the good news is that if this .380 sells very well (and it probably will) then perhaps it will convince Glock that the market is there for a similarly sized 9mm.

Snow is keeping me from picking mine up today so the wait continues. I don't remember what video I was watching but there was a pretty good side by side with a G26. It was very easy to imagine a single stack version of the 26. It was scaled up enough to look like it would work as a 6+1 9mm, be very shootable, and still be small enough for pocket carry. It seems to a lay person like myself that there would be a lot of parts commonality too. Extractors, barrels, trigger, mag and slide releases. A reworked RSA would be a given.

But I really don't see Glock releasing a single stack 9 anytime soon. They are selling all of the 42's they can make and that will probably continue for the foreseeable future. They will continue to sell all the 26's they can make. So what's the motivation for them to develop and sell a single stack 9mm?

Now, I only picked one game right during the NFL playoffs so here's hoping I screwed this prediction up too.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

The fun starts at around 8:15

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Jody is on a mission!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Jody is on a mission!!!
    A very tired, played out mission.

User Tag List