Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

I did not watch the video. Did he disassemble, clean and lubricate the new pistol before firing?

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I did not watch the video. Did he disassemble, clean and lubricate the new pistol before firing?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Negative. He said he pulled it straight out of the box without lubing it at all and began shooting it.

The mental gymnastics being performed to justify buying a 6+1 .380acp over a similar sized 6+1 or 7+1 9mm or even a much smaller 6+1 .380acp is interesting to watch.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The mental gymnastics being performed to justify buying a 6+1 .380acp over a similar sized 6+1 or 7+1 9mm or even a much smaller 6+1 .380acp is interesting to watch.
    Against the smaller .380s it's a simple calculation of the shootability and concealability.

Against the 9mms it's either due to recoil issues or other factors. I know I'd rather risk $320 on a G42 at this point that dump more money into PM9s since I am over $1500 down that rat hole and have one picky PM9 to show for it.

"much smaller" is worse. That's one of the key factors. If hitting counts for anything.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

As long as you're happy with a 6+1 .380 that's within a 1/2" in the grip and slide of a 7+1 9mm S&W Shield (and the same size as a 6+1 9mm PM9) that all that counts I guess.

Maybe I'll look into making Glock and M&P caliber conversion kits. Turn your Glock 19 or M&P9 into a .380acp!
    From the comments in this thread, that would be like a license to print money.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Yeah, it doesn't pass my personal "Will it replace my j-frame?" test.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    As long as you're happy with a 6+1 .380 that's within a 1/2" in the grip and slide of a 7+1 9mm S&W Shield (and the same size as a 6+1 9mm PM9) that all that counts I guess.

Maybe I'll look into making Glock and M&P caliber conversion kits. Turn your Glock 19 or M&P9 into a .380acp!
    Here's the thing:

I have a Ruger LCP. For what it is, I like it. It's not ideal for a number of reasons, not least of which is the lack of useful sights. Without the CT laser on the thing I'm stuck point shooting in anything approaching a realistic self defense scenario.

I don't think the Glock 42 is the bestest pistol ever, and I have a suspicion that when I handle one it's going to be too big to replace my LCP for the things I use the LCP for. But I can see where the G42 might hit a niche for someone who isn't carrying something now or who is carrying something that they're almost functionally useless with. It may not be my thing, but I don't doubt that it's going to be somebody's thing. And like Chuck said, I'd rather have a reliable .380 in that size with some decent sights than a finicky 9mm.

...assuming that Glock ships guns that work better than the one Jerry M. ended up with.
    3/15/2016

Speaking of "mental gymnastics".

User Tag List