Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Any problems hitting the mag release unintentionally? Hope you get to shoot it at 25 yards soon.
    I got a chance to run a few rounds through it - the release is TINY, almost recessed a bit form the frame... Took a surprising amount of force to get the mag out.
    The mags are way tiny too...

You crazy bro. It's a standard sized Gen4 mag release which is pretty big. Same as my 19 & 17. The pistol is just so tiny comparatively its awkward to reach it with your giant paws.

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    I got a chance to run a few rounds through it - the release is TINY, almost recessed a bit form the frame... Took a surprising amount of force to get the mag out.
    The mags are way tiny too...
    Last edited by NickDrak; 01-09-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    While I doubt this thing will come close to LCP sales, it will crush the LC380, which now looks even more like the afterthought it is.
    I've already staked out my position on this, but I'll beat the dead horse one more time: I think it will challenge the LCP in sales. This will driven partly by LEOs picking the G42 as a BUG instead of an LC-series gun, and by Glock expanding the addressable market by getting more US shooters to buy a 380.

Meanwhile, Glock can come along later and sell a 9mm to half the people that bought this thing, as well as to all the people sitting tight and waiting for the 9 in the first place.
    Yep.
    Last edited by TheTrevor; 01-09-2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Yay for autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Any problems hitting the mag release unintentionally? Hope you get to shoot it at 25 yards soon.
    No issues hitting the mag release unintentionally. However, there is no way to avoid the slide stop lever if you are used to riding your strong hand thumb tight up along the frame. I needed to off-set my strong hand thumb outward a bit so it will lock open on an empty mag.

At least it doesn't have finger grooves

Thinking I might have to get one, just because.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    At least it doesn't have finger grooves

Thinking I might have to get one, just because.

Ken
    Better call Don at BRPS, he has a waiting list for the G42. Barney's does as well.

Thanks, not surprised about the waiting list. Thinking I will wait a few months to see how the first batch does…..just in case.

Ken

Maybe next year they will make this into a 9mm.
    Pat

Remember back on page one when everyone called this an utter abomination and they'd rather get hemorrhoids than this gun?

Boy how times have changed...

Quote Originally Posted by EChryst View Post
    Remember back on page one when everyone called this an utter abomination and they'd rather get hemorrhoids than this gun?

Boy how times have changed...
    Ha!

I will add that the grip needs a more aggressive stipple to the front strap only and a liberal undercut & radius of the trigger guard.

The mags do drop free, but because of the tiny size of the grip the palm of the hand tends to obstruct the mag from dropping freely from the magwell.

User Tag List