Page 46 of 83 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I think the basic point is this - why not 9mm? Walther, Remington, Smith and Wesson and Kahr (and even Kel-Tec) have all succeeded (to varying degrees) in making a 9mm pistol in the same sized package. I agree that a .380 is better than nothing, but why did it have to be a .380 to begin with?
    Just my hunch is that it a lot harder to engineer the light kicking, easy to shoot with precision, stone reliable 9mm this size than a .380. Hence more time before 9mm gets here with the benefit of learning on this launch.

I don't see that the existing models have completely met the criteria in bold.

Also the market for the .380 may be larger - vs the cognescenti.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Bingo.

Can't make any money off people who buy one model of gun and shoot it a lot, at least as a gunmaker.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    This right here.

While I doubt this thing will come close to LCP sales, it will crush the LC380, which now looks even more like the afterthought it is.

Meanwhile, Glock can come along later and sell a 9mm to half the people that bought this thing, as well as to all the people sitting tight and waiting for the 9 in the first place.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Meanwhile, Glock can come along later and sell a 9mm to half the people that bought this thing, as well as to all the people sitting tight and waiting for the 9 in the first place.
    Tam, what would you think would be required for Glock to turn the .380 into a 9mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I am pretty sincerely considering picking up a Walther PPS now that I know Glock is not going to give me the 9mm I was looking for.
    Yep. I just bought one off this forum for that very reason. I dug through what I considered legitimate evaluations of the PPS and the only negatives I could find were the magazine release and price of magazines. Sounds like a good enough reason to me to try one out.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful John View Post
    Tam, what would you think would be required for Glock to turn the .380 into a 9mm?
    Dunno, I'm no engineer. I'm just spitballing based on the size and Glock's proven love for commonality of parts across product lines. Maybe they won't, but it would leave me moderately surprised.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Got mine last night from the local cop shop. Put 150rd through it without any issues. (50rds Federal 95gr TMJ, 50rds PPU 95gr FMJ, and 50rds WWB 95gr Flat nose FMJ)

The extraction was a bit, well.... Glock-like but no stoppages.

http://youtu.be/tvx96bLS8xs

Shoots really soft and it is more accurate than I thought it would be (Was able to keep everything in the black of a B8 bullseye target @ 15yds.

The trigger is a bit heavier than my other Glocks but still very Glock-like in its characteristics. My G42's trigger breaks right @ 8.0lbs

I installed an extra set of AmeriGlo CAP sights I had in my spares bin on it when I got home from the range (Wish I had them along with my sight tool with me @ the range). The CAP sights fit well with no over-hang from the slide. Sight picture with the CAP sights seems perfect for this little BUG and its intended purpose. Hopefully they zero properly.

The size of the G42 is about perfect for my needs (Custom made outer soft armor vest carrier pocket with ambi-access).

This will never be my only CCW pistol. It will reside in my soft armor carrier strictly as a BUG. Im gonna consider getting a pocket holster for off-duty as a BUG to my G19 as well.

Biggest benefit for me is that it is a Glock and it functions the same as both of my other carry pistol.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 01-09-2014 at 03:36 PM.

NikDrak
    Thanks that's interesting. Would be keen on hearing your pocketability opinions when you form them. Reminds me of that neat scaled down .22LR 1911 that came out a couple years back.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Any problems hitting the mag release unintentionally? Hope you get to shoot it at 25 yards soon.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Great comparo pic. What's going to be fun is when people start taking further advantage of Glock's DIY armorer capability and experiment with seeing which parts interchange. I'm thinking of connector bars. Although, 8lbs (sort of NY-1-ish, no?) seems just right for this sort of application, as others have noted.

User Tag List