Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

It's the 'incidentally' part I'm intrigued by. I have no idea why anyone on this forum would be interested in purchasing this pistol. I do think it will sell like nickel tickles, though.
    Ignore Alien Orders

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I am pretty sincerely considering picking up a Walther PPS now that I know Glock is not going to give me the 9mm I was looking for.

44 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    They do - it's called the Kahr PM9...
    Uh... not.

I had a PM9; and a P45. The reason I no longer have a Kahr anything is because their triggers are radically different from anything currently in vogue... particularly the LEM, which I'm partial to.

And the "build quality" of Kahrs is certainly not on par with HK. Its more... Glock-like...

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It's the 'incidentally' part I'm intrigued by. I have no idea why anyone on this forum would be interested in purchasing this pistol. I do think it will sell like nickel tickles, though.
    .22 LRs are sometimes recommended for the infirm or extremely weak or recoil adverse without so much wailing and gnashing of teeth as a reportedly light recoiling .380 with a trigger that will probably be easier to hit with than long DA only on harder to handle micro pistols. I am not tracking with that reaction. It's not that noticeable here if at all but lordy lordy, on other boards and Facebook, it's pretty hysterical.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    The reason I no longer have a Kahr anything is because their triggers are radically different from anything currently in vogue... particularly the LEM, which I'm partial to.
    Interesting.
    I find the Kahr to LEM transition to be seamless.
    Similar length of pull, weight and even though the Kahr has no "reset" the trigger travel is close to the LEM reset distance.
    It's the primary reason I've sold off every other pocket pistol I own and am only keeping my two PM9's.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Uh... not.

I had a PM9; and a P45. The reason I no longer have a Kahr anything is because their triggers are radically different from anything currently in vogue... particularly the LEM, which I'm partial to.

And the "build quality" of Kahrs is certainly not on par with HK. Its more... Glock-like...

Interesting - just goes to show how subjective things like trigger pull are. I find the PM9 trigger to be VERY similar to the LEM - in pull weight, "feel" and travel distance. And, while the PM9 certainly isn't built to HK standards, it's priced at 60% of HK prices, and personally feel its built to a MUCH higher standard of consistency than any Glock. But, that's just my opinion, having owned about 8 Kahrs at this point (the first seven of which have all been sold to family and friends who "had to" have mine after shooting it...)

Obviously, your experience is different, doesn't make mine wrong, though...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    44 pages.
    Just imagine how many pages there'd be if Zimmerman used one to shoot somebody while working at Wal-Mart to earn the money for a smart phone or tablet!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Didn't check all 44 pages... Sorry if this has already been posted.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...k-42-revealed/

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Interesting - just goes to show how subjective things like trigger pull are. I find the PM9 trigger to be VERY similar to the LEM - in pull weight, "feel" and travel distance. And, while the PM9 certainly isn't built to HK standards, it's priced at 60% of HK prices, and personally feel its built to a MUCH higher standard of consistency than any Glock. But, that's just my opinion, having owned about 8 Kahrs at this point (the first seven of which have all been sold to family and friends who "had to" have mine after shooting it...)

Obviously, your experience is different, doesn't make mine wrong, though...
    Fair enough; apologies. Perception, indeed. But I still don't see how one can say that a Kahr trigger, which is exactly like a DA revolver "pull", can be similar to a LEM in toto... because the reset is full length (forward) every time, whereas the LEM is not.

User Tag List