Page 37 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I'm no stranger to seeing people get their ego wrapped up in their gun on internet fora, but seeing people get their ego wrapped up in the market success of an unreleased gun they don't own and have professed they have no intention to buy is an entirely novel phenomenon to me.
    Boom!

Glock is just so much fun to hate.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I see a lot of comments regarding external safeties here and am a bit perplexed at the number of folks so strongly opposed to them. I view an external safety as a welcome addition to a firearm for a number of reasons. In a full-sized, duty-type weapon, particularly in law enforcement work, a safety can give the weapon owner precious reaction seconds in the event that he or she ever loses the weapon to an aggressor. Although I've never lost my weapon to a subject with whom I've been dealing, I have seen instances in which a police officer was outnumbered by bad guys and not only lost his weapon, but was shot by it. With an external safety, there's at least a 50/50 chance that the person who gains possession of the weapon will not be familiar with its workings and will continue to pull the trigger with no discharge.

Furthermore, with the wave of ultra-compact pistols that have recently taken the market by storm combined with the number of people that choose to use pocket carry either in a soft holster or in no holster at all, an external safety is, in my own opinion advisable particularly if the carrying person chooses to have a round in the chamber of the pistol.

Certainly there have been safeties that I have liked far less than others (the slide mounted safety on the S&W 4006 comes to mind as one of the less than desirable designs), but proper training with the weapon of choice should overcome any aversion one might have to its efficient use. Just food for thought. Sorry to get so far off topic of the Glock 42 here.

^^^Well stated^^^

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Glock marketing has been busy:

http://youtu.be/2EVj5NOywSY
    Besides the fact that first time through I didn't notice it was an ad for a pistol (sorry, yoga pants trump about everything!), I thought it was telling in it's likely use - carried around all day, one magazine through at the range, then back in a holsterless carry solution.

Again, it's bigger than my PM9, it's a .380, meh.

But they could do more yoga commercials whenever they want!

I had a chance to shoot a G42 today, just six rounds. The grip seemed a little smaller than I thought it would be. Otherwise it was about the same size as my Kahr MK9 and much lighter. I have to admit I liked it more than I thought I would but I’m not a big fan of the .380.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Besides the fact that first time through I didn't notice it was an ad for a pistol (sorry, yoga pants trump about everything!), I thought it was telling in it's likely use - carried around all day, one magazine through at the range, then back in a holsterless carry solution.

Again, it's bigger than my PM9, it's a .380, meh.

But they could do more yoga commercials whenever they want!
    Gotta read between the lines a bit.

It's telling that they used a young, professional female to model the piece.I have to concede-and please correct me if this is off base-that women are a category of folks more likely to be targeted by thugs then us big manly men, and they don't have the body build which lends itself to carrying a full size gun.

It's easy for me to yak about carrying a 9mm-as I type this I'm hiding a Beretta 92 in a comp tac tuckable holster in business attire.There's no way that woman could pull off the same trick with the same gun.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Gotta read between the lines a bit.

It's telling that they used a young, professional female to model the piece.I have to concede-and please correct me if this is off base-that women are a category of folks more likely to be targeted by thugs then us big manly men, and they don't have the body build which lends itself to carrying a full size gun.

It's easy for me to yak about carrying a 9mm-as I type this I'm hiding a Beretta 92 in a comp tac tuckable holster in business attire.There's no way that woman could pull off the same trick with the same gun.
    A friend of mine is a experienced former copper now working a security gig. She is well trained and likes to shoot, as in buys 9mm by the case and such, but she also likes to wear girl clothes on her own time. Who am I to tell her that her LCP in a Flash-Bang holster is the wrong thing for her to be using on days she can't carry her real guns?

Looks pretty nifty to me. They need to come out with one in .45 Glock.

Does anyone know if Crimson trace has anything coming out for it?

Retail $399.
    Blue Label $320.

GLOCK 42 .380 ACP "Pocket Glock" for Public Sale

Available for delivery January 20, 2014

Glock 42 .380 ACP

Specifications
    .380 ACP
    Length (overall): 151 mm / 5.94 in.
    Length (slide cpl.): 146 mm / 5.75 in.
    Width: 24 mm / 0.94 in.
    Height (with magazine): 105 mm / 4.13 in.
    Barrel length: 82.5 mm / 3.25 in.
    Length of twist: 250 mm / 9.84 in.
    Trigger distance: 61 mm / 2.40 in.
    Trigger travel: 12.5 mm / .49 in.
    Barrel distance: 18 mm / 0.71 in.
    Line of sight (polymer): 125 mm / 4.92 in.
    Made in the USA

Weight
    Pistol without magazine: 350 g / 12.35 oz.
    Magazine std. empty: 40 g / 1.41 oz.
    Magazine std. full: 57 g / 2.01 oz.
    Magazine Capacity (rounds): 6
    Barrel Profile: right hand twist; hexagonal
    Standard Trigger Pull: ~5.62 lbs.

I know a couple guys who've shot it. Sweet recoil management and accurate. One fellow said it was easy cleaning a rack of plates at 18 yards. Now he can shoot (M class USPSA) but it will likely be a very competent shooting small .380 vs some of its competition. Normal Glock trigger.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List