Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Dude, it is like that Kubler-Ross thing:

someone faced with the reality of impending death or other extreme, awful fate (such as carrying a .380) experiences a series of emotional stages:

Denial
    Anger
    Bargaining
    Depression
    Acceptance.

Face it, you will be carrying a 42 by summer. By then TLG will be teaching a special Aim with small/hit with small class exclusively for the 42, and the only question is who gets a coin first with the 42. My money is on Origami, using a prototype Keeper holster, probably while wearing a wig, so he has deniability it is he carrying a .380. Wonder if there is a GFA in the works for it?

So sad, and yet so readily believable.

We are diminished
    By then TLG will be teaching a special Aim with small/hit with small class exclusively for the 42, and the only question is who gets a coin first with the 42. My money is on Origami, using a prototype Keeper holster, probably while wearing a wig, so he has deniability it is he carrying a .380. Wonder if there is a GFA in the works for it?
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The fact that Glock has been selling 60K+ guns per month for a few years now may have something to do with this, and Gaston being hard headed.

Stupidly enough I am actually thinking about buying one of these. If it's a no BS hard use shootable and reliable 13oz .380 then I might have a use for this gun as a BUG. I am dealing with some pretty messed up arthritis and tendonitis issues, and have been for years. I am on the verge of dumping any shooting of +P ammo from my 642s, which I am carrying due to the G26 being too much weight on my ankle anymore.

I had been looking for a couple of S&W .22mags, but the guns and the ammo are unobtanium over the past two years. I might actually be able to get one of these somewhere.

I resemble these remarks! Getting old is not fun, though I reckon it beats the alternative.

I have already down-sized to 9mm for off-the-clock* concealed carry, with the bigger gun (usually a G17) now on my left side. I still want there be a weapon at 0300, in case I reflexively reach there in an emergency. I am presently breaking-in a Walther PPK/s-1 for the 0300 role, but a G42, with its locked-breech, is a logical next step, if it proves to be a sturdy, reliable weapon.

*I do still carry a .40 P229R torture device on the job. My chief believes in .40 S&W and .45 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The fact that Glock has been selling 60K+ guns per month for a few years now may have something to do with this, and Gaston being hard headed.

Stupidly enough I am actually thinking about buying one of these. If it's a no BS hard use shootable and reliable 13oz .380 then I might have a use for this gun as a BUG. I am dealing with some pretty messed up arthritis and tendonitis issues, and have been for years. I am on the verge of dumping any shooting of +P ammo from my 642s, which I am carrying due to the G26 being too much weight on my ankle anymore.

I had been looking for a couple of S&W .22mags, but the guns and the ammo are unobtanium over the past two years. I might actually be able to get one of these somewhere.

And yes, I am also looking at the Shield.
    I don't think it is stupid at all. Once you get away from places full of hard-core shooting folks you find the .380 to still be an extremely popular round. When looking at CCW, the j-frame .38s and the micro 9s and the .380s pretty well rule the market IME. So, a .380 the size of a j-frame, lighter in weight, easier to shoot than many of the small guns out there...sounds like a winner to me. It may be the wrong gun to the top tier of the shooting public but it fits in well with what a large segment of the shooting public has shown they like over the years. I was looking for a G26 for my daughter but I've put that on hold until we can check out the G42 because I think she might prefer it.

from GardoneVT:
    Cold fact-most folks, judging from my letter slot view in the Midwest, dont care about advanced proficiency with their carry guns. They shoot 50 rounds or so, make a pie plate at 7 yards, and call it good. Compared to those folks I look like a ninja ,and I'm a long way from being that good objectively .

Sure, WE don't have a need for a G42-but we're the gun world equivalent of BMW enthusiasts.Almost no one who rocks a unique M series BMW would willingly prefer to drive a Toyota Camry, but the boring midsize grocery fetcher stays in the top three domestic sales charts for a reason.The G42 will succeed on the same basis-the Average Joe who can't be bothered to care about the gun they're carrying will love it.

In a perfect world, every shooter would take responsibility for their performance or lack thereof and make rational decisions about their equipment accordingly.But we don't live there.
    Yep. That seems to cover it nicely.
    Last edited by David Armstrong; 01-05-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

I really want to see this gun in 9mm.

I'm anticipating 2015...

At this point, almost nothing would surprise me with where Glock is going with this. 9x18 makarov in 2015, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    At this point, almost nothing would surprise me with where Glock is going with this. 9x18 makarov in 2015, anyone?
    I want one in .380 Magnum, not .380 Long Rifle...

A friend of mine has now shot one of these just a bit. He tells me it is more pocketable than a G26 or Shield but not so for tight jeans. He said it was very enjoyable to shoot and shoot accurately (albeit he is an M class USPSA shooter). It has the familiar Glock trigger. His short review reminded me of Chuck's comments about diminishing returns of chasing more power in a micro gun.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Dude, it is like that Kubler-Ross thing:

someone faced with the reality of impending death or other extreme, awful fate (such as carrying a .380) experiences a series of emotional stages:

Denial
    Anger
    Bargaining
    Depression
    Acceptance.

Face it, you will be carrying a 42 by summer. By then TLG will be teaching a special Aim with small/hit with small class exclusively for the 42, and the only question is who gets a coin first with the 42. My money is on Origami, using a prototype Keeper holster, probably while wearing a wig, so he has deniability it is he carrying a .380. Wonder if there is a GFA in the works for it?
    Nice. Your last two posts. Mamosa's with breakfast yes?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I'm no stranger to seeing people get their ego wrapped up in their gun on internet fora, but seeing people get their ego wrapped up in the market success of an unreleased gun they don't own and have professed they have no intention to buy is an entirely novel phenomenon to me.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List