Page 29 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    G18...
    I did not include the ones only available to LEA's and Military such as the G18, G25, G28.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That'd make it the tallest midget at the state fair. (I'll bet a graph of its sales numbers over time will look exactly like those of the G36, too.)

(ETA: What do you want to bet the LCP outsells all those Glocks, too... but combined. )

I enjoy a good bet but I will pass on that one. I think the G17 and G19 both accomplish that in worldwide sales.

I am such a girl, the way I place question marks on the end of things when I don't want to sound like a know-it-all.
    That really does confuse us sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    S&W took the wind out of Glock's sails with the M&P22 pistol.
    My 11 year old was excited to practice up with his P22 and eventually start shooting my Glock 17.
    Then I bought him the M&P22 and all the supporting gear, now he wants his first 9mm to be a M&P.
    And that was ALMOST enough to make me jump ship from Glocks to the M&P.

If all my stuff burned up in a fire or something, and I had to start from scratch, I think I might go M&P for that reason, and because, well, 'Merica.

I am such a girl, the way I place question marks on the end of things when I don't want to sound like a know-it-all.
    Heh.

I didn't know about the foreign-market Glocks being blowback. Interesting. And there goes my theory of obsessive consistency across the product line...

Again, from Reddit.

http://m.imgur.com/a/ZUiuZ
    Last edited by texasaggie2005; 12-31-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    Heh.

I didn't know about the foreign-market Glocks being blowback.
    They're not. The G25 is a G19-size. .380, and the the G28 is a G26-size .380. Both are blowback operated and unable to be imported into the US due to BATF regulations. They are intended for areas where "military calibers" are prohibited, such as parts of Europe, Mexico, much of Central and South America.

The remainder of Glocks made for other-than-US markets are identical, except for proofmarks, to what we get here.

I meant the foreign market 380 Glocks. Sorry, thought the 380 part was implicit but I can see how that could be unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Again, from Reddit.

http://m.imgur.com/a/ZUiuZ
    Holy molly, what a scoop. G&A has a new editor.

No, seriously; despite collective disappointment over the caliber, I could see this thing being pressed into service as my "old man" gun, or "damaged hands" alternative. I'm not old yet, though, so I'll let some time go by to see how the first runs work out for folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Correct. With the attendant difficulty with racking the slide. Not a selling point.
    The G25 and G28 rack exactly the same as G19 and G28 respectively. Same recoil spring and the action is for all intents and purposes the same as the locked breech with the locking edge (can't think of the correct term) ground off.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List