Page 28 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    A few pages back, somebody mentioned a Glock .22 pistol. This is something we've all had whirly eyes over since I was a member of TFL in the late 90's. Is there information that it might be an Actual Thing Coming Soon, or is it just more pent up lust?

If Glock did come out with a .22 pistol, I would take notice, wait a couple years to see how they run, then casually look at gun stores for a used example. These days that counts as unbridled excitement from me.
    S&W took the wind out of Glock's sails with the M&P22 pistol.
    My 11 year old was excited to practice up with his P22 and eventually start shooting my Glock 17.
    Then I bought him the M&P22 and all the supporting gear, now he wants his first 9mm to be a M&P.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Looking at the size and locked-breech operation, I'm betting it's a barrel, RSA, and rollmark away from being a 9x19 Glock 43.
    Agreed, and also exactly what I expected. Pistol design is failure-prone as it is, and Glock has been far more conservative than, say, Beretta when it comes to using a variety of designs. Frankly, I would have been shocked if they'd deviated from the locked-breech design.
    Last edited by TheTrevor; 12-31-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Fixed example. Apparently I have SIG on the brain.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    Agreed, and also exactly what I expected. Pistol design is failure-prone as it is, and Glock has been far more conservative than, say, Beretta when it comes to using a variety of designs. Frankly, I would have been shocked if they'd deviated from the locked-breech design.
    Glock's other .380s are blowback, IIRC?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Correct.

This is one of the reasons they were never imported. Blowback Glocks didn't have enough "points".
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Correct. With the attendant difficulty with racking the slide. Not a selling point.

I am such a girl, the way I place question marks on the end of things when I don't want to sound like a know-it-all.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not just Glock. I heard a quote attributed to Larry Vickers to the effect of but for another $10 of manufacturing cost, Smith managed to snatch failure from the jaws of victory by cheeping out the M&P semi auto pistol line.
    This is fairly common in the manufacturing world. You do not build a multi-million dollar company by spending money that you do not absolutely have to spend. Sometimes this rule gets so ingrained that you save money even when you shouldn't.
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

The G42 should easily outsell any of these 13 Glocks:

G17L, G20, G24, G29, G31, G32, G33, G34, G35, G36, G37, G38, G39.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post

That'd make it the tallest midget at the state fair. (I'll bet a graph of its sales numbers over time will look exactly like those of the G36, too.)

(ETA: What do you want to bet the LCP outsells all those Glocks, too... but combined. )

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post

G18...

User Tag List