Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Yea... the average gun owner is a retard.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    What people want is .410 revolvers and little credit card-sized .380s. But they don't want to pay a lot for them. Pink or zombie green would be nice.

What they need is to get hit with a sock full of nickels. Just on general principles.

Not much to add, I just like this.^^^

People are indeed funny; most prefer to own many trinkets and few treasures.

Yea... the average gun owner is a retard.
    I wouldn't be too hard on gun owners: I've found the same bell curve phenomenon to apply pretty much anywhere else people gather.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 12-30-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Ayuh.

We live in a Wal-Mart world. Folks won't even pay money for decent FOOD, much less tools. Most folks make all purchase decisions based on price.

WORD.

Cookie Monster

the average human is a retard.

FIFY

Oh, the joys of being asked, as the local 'gun guy', for a recommendation for a gun. Spending much time discussing the merits of a good 9mm from the tier one makers, and the need for quality training... and they go out and buy a Judge.
    smile and nod...smile and nod...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Kidding aside, you are probably right. Anyone know or care to guess what Glock's variable cost to produce a pistol is -- I have no idea, but I bet it is well under $50.

With a relatively simple product line, large production quantities relative to most other firearms manufacturers, and being privately owned, I would hate to have to compete with Glock on price.
    I'm buying a 50 dollar pistol! outrage! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by justintime View Post
    I'm buying a 50 dollar pistol! outrage! ;D
    Not just Glock. I heard a quote attributed to Larry Vickers to the effect of but for another $10 of manufacturing cost, Smith managed to snatch failure from the jaws of victory by cheeping out the M&P semi auto pistol line.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Oh, the joys of being asked, as the local 'gun guy', for a recommendation for a gun. Spending much time discussing the merits of a good 9mm from the tier one makers, and the need for quality training... and they go out and buy a Judge.
    smile and nod...smile and nod...
    As a CCW instructor I've been asked a hundred times "which gun should I buy", 90 out of 100 times I'll answer "Glock 9mm, either a 19 or a 26", 10 times I'll say "S&W 640 revolver" for those who can't rack a slide.
    75 of them will go out and buy a Ruger LCP, 24 will buy a Taurus or Rossi, and 1 guy buys a XD-45...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

As a CCW instructor I've been asked a hundred times "which gun should I buy", 90 out of 100 times I'll answer "Glock 9mm, either a 19 or a 26", 10 times I'll say "S&W 640 revolver" for those who can't rack a slide.
    75 of them will go out and buy a Ruger LCP, 24 will buy a Taurus or Rossi, and 1 guy buys a XD-45...
    AMEN!

Found this on Reddit.

User Tag List