Page 25 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    I know the number. You're under it. I won't say how little or how much. It was a good guess, but it's not correct. Just FYI.

I just don't want to see people start taking your guess as more than a WAG and go on and on about it...
    I'm gonna say right around $100.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    GA DPS currently issues the G37, and Troopers carry a G39 as backup. They were previously issued the G22, and I think they had G27s. While it wouldn't be the first time they have done something to be the first to do something simply to be the first to do it, if they are going with the G17s one would think they would go with the G26 as a backup.
    Yeah one WOULD! That's what had this industry guy (connected with GA LE) shaking his head. But heck, just a rumor anyways.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

To succeed as a gun company, you have to strike a balance between building the guns people need, and the guns people want.

Ruger has been doing a really good job of figuring that out lately. Glock? Maybe not so much. It will be interesting to see what happens.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    To succeed as a gun company, you have to strike a balance between building the guns people need, and the guns people want.
    What people want is .410 revolvers and little credit card-sized .380s. But they don't want to pay a lot for them. Pink or zombie green would be nice.

What they need is to get hit with a sock full of nickels. Just on general principles.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    What people want is .410 revolvers and little credit card-sized .380s. But they don't want to pay a lot for them. Pink or zombie green would be nice.

What they need is to get hit with a sock full of nickels. Just on general principles.
    Ayuh.

We live in a Wal-Mart world. Folks won't even pay money for decent FOOD, much less tools. Most folks make all purchase decisions based on price.

Most folks make all purchase decisions based on price.
    So that's how I ended up with these clothes!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Ayuh.

We live in a Wal-Mart world. Folks won't even pay money for decent FOOD, much less tools. Most folks make all purchase decisions based on price.
    For people like myself, and millions of others, that got crapped out of the middle class and into the working poor class during the Great Recession, and haven't fully recovered yet, price is a huge issue. Some of us will save up for a longer period to get a decent gun rather than go the instant gratification route, but perhaps I'm in the minority in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by jkurtz7 View Post
    For people like myself, and millions of others, that got crapped out of the middle class and into the working poor class during the Great Recession, and haven't fully recovered yet, price is a huge issue. Some of us will save up for a longer period to get a decent gun rather than go the instant gratification route, but perhaps I'm in the minority in that regard.
    I think you are, for sure, in the minority. I also think since you understand things like delaying gratification, you'll climb your way back up the latter. Some people are in the middle class, or better, merely because the economy is good. Others will find their way there, no matter what.

I clawed up from working poor to middle class, and one of the lessons I had to learn was exactly that: save up, rather than go the instant gratification route. One of my big lessons was that I couldn't afford cheap stuff, especially when it came to cars, because they always cost more in the long run, between repairs or no resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    But they don't want to pay a lot for them.

Yep!

I have a friend that has a hankering for a single action .22 after shooting my old Ruger Single Six. So he goes to the store and looks at how much the Ruger costs.... Then comes back and wants to know about Heritage Roughriders.

Another friend suddenly decides he wants to get himself a handgun. While I don't know his net worth, I KNOW it is in excess of 7 figures. Asks me my opinion and states that he wants to stay around $350....... Seriously. Luckily I was able to make fun of him/cajole him enough that I talked him into raising that up to the M&P 9FS range.

Another friend, goes into the store, picks out what "He has heard about the most" (Read saw the most adds for) and looks "Cool" and buys that. So far, XD(m) (It came with accessories!), Beretta NEOS, Beretta Storm Compact, Kimber 1911 and Hornady ZombieMax ammo....

I could go on, especially about optics and "just as good as".

You are completely correct that in the echo chamber of certain websites we begin to think the shooting public most resembles ourselves.

They don't.

I'm VP of the local 1500 member public gun club.
    Yea... the average gun owner is a retard.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List