Page 24 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With a relatively simple product line, large production quantities relative to most other firearms manufacturers, and being privately owned, I would hate to have to compete with Glock on price.
    The nation of Austria imported 515,000 handguns of all types into the US in 2011. Sturm, Ruger Inc. manufactured 611,000 self-loading handguns that year (plus another ~200k revolvers.)

I keep telling you guys that running in this crowd skews your perceptions of what the average gun owner is buying.

I got out of the retail end of things full-time before the SR9 was really a thing, but I absolutely would not be shocked to find out that, if you took department sales out of the picture, Ruger's P-series autos were outselling Glock by a sizable margin. Cletus is extremely price sensitive.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    The latest Guns & Ammo has a gushing article about the 42.
    I'm a skeptic.
    I'll wait for Nutnfancy's review before I lay down my cash.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Show me where I said it was.

Let's not forget that we are talking here about an untested offering from a company that, the last time they rolled out a new product, managed to make a Glock 17 unreliable.

How 'bout waitin' 'til them shells crack before the poultry census?

The nation of Austria imported 515,000 handguns of all types into the US in 2011. Sturm, Ruger Inc. manufactured 611,000 self-loading handguns that year (plus another ~200k revolvers.)

I keep telling you guys that running in this crowd skews your perceptions of what the average gun owner is buying.

I got out of the retail end of things full-time before the SR9 was really a thing, but I absolutely would not be shocked to find out that, if you took department sales out of the picture, Ruger's P-series autos were outselling Glock by a sizable margin. Cletus is extremely price sensitive.
    I am told Glock ends 2013 with one million pistols on backorder.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I am told Glock ends 2013 with one million pistols on backorder.
    What's Ruger's?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Did someone say... One Million ?

Attachment 2009
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

GA DPS currently issues the G37, and Troopers carry a G39 as backup. They were previously issued the G22, and I think they had G27s. While it wouldn't be the first time they have done something to be the first to do something simply to be the first to do it, if they are going with the G17s one would think they would go with the G26 as a backup.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

...I have no idea, but I bet it is well under $50.
    I know the number. You're under it. I won't say how little or how much. It was a good guess, but it's not correct. Just FYI.

I just don't want to see people start taking your guess as more than a WAG and go on and on about it...
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

What's Ruger's?
    I'll bet Ruger is selling more handguns than Glock. What I've seen over the last year in local shops, Glock isn't selling as much as other brands (a local small shop says not many want Glocks this year), and LOTS of people are buying the LCP, and LC9.

Last time I was at one of the large shops here, people were looking at Rugers, Berettas (Nano, PX4 Compact and SC) , S&W M&P compacts, and Shields. No one was looking at Glocks. Every time I go in there someone is handling a LCP with others waiting to look at one.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    The latest Guns & Ammo has a gushing article about the 42.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List