Page 22 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Rumor has it Georgia DPS will adopt the G42 as issue BUG to new G17s.
    I thought GHP was all up in love with the <45 GAP cartridge?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I thought GHP was all up in love with the <45 GAP cartridge?

Word is they are trading the G37 pistols and adopting the Gen 4 G17. That will be two to drop the .45 GAP out of the six States that adopted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    You've talked about the .380 Hornady XTP before. Any thoughts of the .32 version?
    http://www.hornady.com/store/32-Auto-60-gr-XTP/

I would think QC would be better than FMJ, at the very least.
    The .32 is VERY prone to "rim lock". gelatin testing shows like 9" of penetration if it expands, about 12" if it doesn't (bare vs 4LD testing).

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Rumor has it Georgia DPS will adopt the G42 as issue BUG to new G17s.
    LE sales will be one of this gun's strong points.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    They will probably be a better choice than the Bodyguard adopted by LSP as a BUG to the G22/G17.
    That's rampant speculation, right there.

Why would you say this? Because Glock has experience serving the LE market, unlike Smith?

Smith's been building cop guns since half a century before Gaston was a gleam in his daddy's eye. If they can make a pocket pistol that doesn't make Johnny Po-Po happy, anybody can.

Hope they wait. A similar size Glock 43 in 9mm will follow soon.

Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    Hope they wait. A similar size Glock 43 in 9mm will follow soon.
    that would be lovely, however I think it would be likely similar in size to a Glock 26 for a significant reduction in capacity.

I will reserve judgement and hopefully be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

Why would you say this? Because Glock has experience serving the LE market, unlike Smith?

Smith's been building cop guns since half a century before Gaston was a gleam in his daddy's eye. If they can make a pocket pistol that doesn't make Johnny Po-Po happy, anybody can.
    It is although after trying to shoot a friends .380 Bodyguard a few days ago in an utterly unsuccessful attempt to coach her up to basic save her life at 20 feet proficiency; I concluded it is the worst pistol I have ever fired. She is now shopping for an M&P Compact.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I concluded it is the worst pistol I have ever fired.
    Luxury!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

Yes, but there are two sides to it. "Making Johnny Po-po happy" isn't difficult; its free (issued), and many times, that is enough. Very few troopers will ever shoot the thing beyond the absolute required minumums; as long as it works for that, and is convenient to carry (which was the main consideration in its adoption), Johnny Po-po will be quite satisfied. Does that mean it is a pistol that a tuned-in "gun person" would select? Highly unlikely.

I have handled a couple of them, and wasn't impressed. I haven't shot one of the issue pieces, but LSP552 has, and he was significantly un-impressed. I've worked alongside the man for many years, and trust his opinions implicitly.

That's good enough for me. And I think it significant that the FTU guys are totally ignoring the built-in laser during familiarization/quals; primarily, I'm told, due to the awkward movement needed to activate the laser function.

"Better" is a relative term. I would think that there is a high probability that the G42 will be "better" from a shootability/durability standpoint. But that pistol would appear to be a bit larger than the BG... which would make the BG "better" from the average cop's viewpoint.

What worries me is that one of our guys will get hurt while trying to dick around with that laser, instead of pointing and pulling the trigger quickly.

User Tag List