Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

If it's indeed a "G42" then it makes sense that it might be the smallest in a family of guns in a different caliber. Although I can't imagine why they'd want to make 3 sizes of gun in .380. It would be pretty funny though if the "Glock 40" became a full-sized .380. Maybe rappers would buy those instead.

If the G40 and G41 were Shield/PPS competitors in 9 and .40, respectively, then I could forgive the G42 being an even smaller .380...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

9mm GAP...new caliber to make sure we don't give the public what they want. Although rumor has it that maybe the .45 everyone wanted a long time ago may be coming at SHOT.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I told them years ago to make the GAP guns in .40S&W, they even had the 40 model number lined up for a new .40 pistol. Would make sense they don't fix what they are already making and copy what everyone else is doing.

Although I would buy two single stack 9mm micro Glocks if they made them.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    1) Given that Glock makes a 22 in .40, it saddens me that they're passing on the opportunity to spur endless "Who's On First?" gags at gun stores across the nation by offering the Model 40 in .22.

2) Starting with the Model 30, Glock's been batting about... what, .500? ...on new model intros without serious teething issues.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Too bad it wasn't the Glock Carbine we've all been speculating about for a few decades.

I have a hard time believing it would be a .380 only due to the lack of a US market Glock 28.

Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    I have a hard time believing it would be a .380 only due to the lack of a US market Glock 28.
    There is no lack, they just can't import the gun. People would likely due a 28 if they could get one.

Not sayin they should, just sayin they would.

If it is a .380 pistol I have no interest. If it is a 9mm pistol I am very interested.

An SBR that took 9mm glock mags would be a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Although rumor has it that maybe the .45 everyone wanted a long time ago may be coming at SHOT.
    Yup; the Glock rep alluded to that as well. Single stack, about the size of a G17; and he said he'd seen prototypes of a G34-ish example, with longer barrel/etc.

That doesn't interest me in the slightest, but its all good… unless its a steenkin' .380…

User Tag List