Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Johnny Po-po
    Any relation to:

If anyone needed a reminder how significant Glock has become in the handgun world, consider we are at 23 pages in a thread on a .380. I can't remember any other thread here with a .380 as the main subject, and don't believe I have ever commented in a forum on a .380.

Glock has something BIG with the 42, arguably with even a higher buzz factor than if it was a small single stack 9mm. The only thing to be determined is whether it is big/good, as in becoming to .380 pistols what the Glock 17 is to 9mm service pistols, or big/bad as in a colossal failure that tarnishes the Glock brand. Assuming pistols are ready to ship, bet we know by summer.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If anyone needed a reminder how significant Glock has become in the handgun world, consider we are at 23 pages in a thread on a .380.
    And god knows this place is a representative cross section of the broader firearms market; that's why the P30 is the second most popular pistol on the market and SA can't give XDs away.

Wow, fish really don't notice water, do they?

ETA: You want in on Todd's bet? You think it's gonna outsell the LCP?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Any relation to:
    Sadly, more and more each day.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I predict that Glock pushing a .380 will cause a crapload of gun rag marketing around the .380, as it's record as a poor performer gets rehabbed to make it perfectly adequate. Glock is the king of "it's not a flaw! It's a feature!" In the gun world...and there are plenty of people who will eat that up.
    3/15/2016

Glock will practically give them away at cost to LEA's when they buy Glock service pistols.
    Probably cheaper than giving away T-shirts and hats.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That's rampant speculation, right there.

Why would you say this? Because Glock has experience serving the LE market, unlike Smith?

Smith's been building cop guns since half a century before Gaston was a gleam in his daddy's eye. If they can make a pocket pistol that doesn't make Johnny Po-Po happy, anybody can.

I was probably shooting before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye but that does not make me a better shooter than you.

The bodyguard has been breaking firing pins and that is not speculation. Call your S&W Rep. and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Glock will practically give them away at cost to LEA's when they buy Glock service pistols.
    Probably cheaper than giving away T-shirts and hats.
    Kidding aside, you are probably right. Anyone know or care to guess what Glock's variable cost to produce a pistol is -- I have no idea, but I bet it is well under $50.

With a relatively simple product line, large production quantities relative to most other firearms manufacturers, and being privately owned, I would hate to have to compete with Glock on price.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The bodyguard has been breaking firing pins and that is not speculation.
    Show me where I said it was.

Let's not forget that we are talking here about an untested offering from a company that, the last time they rolled out a new product, managed to make a Glock 17 unreliable.

How 'bout waitin' 'til them shells crack before the poultry census?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I predict that Glock pushing a .380 will cause a crapload of gun rag marketing around the .380, as it's record as a poor performer gets rehabbed to make it perfectly adequate. Glock is the king of "it's not a flaw! It's a feature!" In the gun world...and there are plenty of people who will eat that up.
    The latest Guns & Ammo has a gushing article about the 42.

User Tag List