Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9A3 Is this modular enough?

Beretta M9A3 Is this modular enough?

Needs to be in the G configuration, IMHO.

Site Supporter
    Or easily converted to G, like the PX4.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I wouldn't assume that the only changes on that weapon are external, gentlemen...
    3/15/2016

They did mention that there were some improvements on small parts, but I wonder if this just means the guide rod and buffer a la the 92A1/96A1. If so, I think it's a bad idea. You lose the logistics of parts, slide, and frame interchangeability with legacy M9s. Anyway, I hope it's something different from that, like adamantium locking blocks. I agree it should be a G configuration, but it probably won't be because it's the military.

I like the vertec grip, dovetailed night sights, and rail. I wouldn't mind carrying this when I fly deployed, although the I can't imagine I'd be using a light on the rail.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    This thread makes me happy!

If they release a G version it will be my perfect Beretta.

I don't understand the slide mounted safety. I presume the MHS requires a manual safety. But why on earth would they not use their frame mounted design??

Because they don't have a frame mounted version anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Because they don't have a frame mounted version anymore?
    It's not like they don't have the plans or know-how. They made the SAO model as recently as a few years ago I believe. Sig added a frame mounted safety to the p320 for this contract. Just strikes me as odd given that a slide mounted safety is one of the biggest gripes of the M9 I've heard. When I was in the Air Force we were not allowed to use it for anything but decocking the pistol. The safety was too difficult for too many to reach.

User Tag List