Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Several people on another forum said they have already ordered the G41 long slide .45 and dealers should have them for sale after SHOT Show.
    I think it was the G36 that made me leery of being an early adopter of Glock products. We waited through so many delays and when they shipped they were still borked.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I think it was the G36 that made me leery of being an early adopter of Glock products. We waited through so many delays and when they shipped they were still borked.
    The G36 is a different animal from all the other Glocks. I think the G41 will just be an elongated Gen 4 G21.

Some interesting clues turning up around the 'net:

http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/prod...L%252d380.html

and

GLOCK UI4250201 GLOCK 42FS 380ACP 3.26″ FS 764503910616 0 $352.00 $399.00

Still all conjecture, but what the heck, may as well post it.

So, once again, Glock is going to bring shooters what we don't want or need. Two things the majority of Glock shooters have been clamoring for for decades - a subcompact single stack 9mm, and a 1911-sized single stack .45. So, we're getting a G21L, and a subcompact .380. Yawn. Maybe next year, after the kittening Gloc(k)arbine arrives we'll get things we asked for.

Then again, with the resurgence of .45 ACP in some LE circles, the long-slide G21 might be a hit with tactical types...

Regards,

Kevin

The .380 compact pistol is a big seller right now.
    But the people I see buying compact polymer .380's are cheap and Taurus and Ruger have that covered.
    I don't see your average .380 buyer passing up a LC380 for a Glock that cost $100 more.
    And those who want a "high end" .380 are going to buy a Sig P232, P238, Colt Mustang, Walther PPK etc.
    Glock would be better off going up against the Shield, PPS, Kahr P9 etc. in the single stack 9mm category.
    IMO
    Last edited by JodyH; 12-07-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    But the people I see buying compact polymer .380's are cheap and Taurus and Ruger have that covered.
    I don't see your average .380 buyer passing up a LC380 for a Glock that cost $100 more.
    And those who want a "high end" .380 are going to buy a Sig P232, P238, Colt Mustang, Walther PPK etc.
    Glock would be better off going up against the Shield, PPS, Kahr P9 etc. in the single stack 9mm category.
    IMO
    Looking at it from a strictly business viewpoint, Glock is better served in the .380 niche. From my perch, I'd say it's because most folks who carry guns are NOT serious users like most here. The typical CCW shopper hits the .380 case for an "easy to hide gun" .

Right now, there's few .380s with an ironclad reputation for reliability. As long as Glock doesn't cock up the launch , they'll clean up the market on reputation alone. Why buy a dodgy Bersa or a heavy Walther PPK when here's this light, reliable .380 G42?

As to the single stack 9mm demand, the aftermarket is doubtlessly hard at work making a 9mm conversion kit as I type this.

IMO
    I wouldn't pay full size Glock prices, or even blue label pricing, for a 380 Glock. I would seriously consider it as soon as I could get my grubby little mitts on a single stack Glock 26 though. $400 to $450 would be the perfect price point in my opinion.

I've tried every serious contender in the small single stack nine category. Bought most of them on the used market and borrowed one other. Even put several boxes through a 290rs. The shield and XDs have come the closest to being right for me. I think Glock has a lot of work to do to come out as the clear winner in this category.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I'd say it's because most folks who carry guns are NOT serious users like most here. The typical CCW shopper hits the .380 case for an "easy to hide gun" .

Right now, there's few .380s with an ironclad reputation for reliability.
    The Ruger/Taurus/Bersa crowd doesn't factor reliability into their purchase decision.
    They hit the display case for a gun, the cheaper the better and a box of ammo, the cheaper the better.
    Followed up by a trip to the Uncle Mikes universal soft holster selection.
    Glock is bringing micro-brew craft beer to a Nascar race.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

IMO
    +1

I would love to see a single stack G26ish pistol from Glock, as long as I didn't have to be a beta tester.

Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    I wouldn't pay full size Glock prices, or even blue label pricing, for a 380 Glock. I would seriously consider it as soon as I could get my grubby little mitts on a single stack Glock 26 though. $400 to $450 would be the perfect price point in my opinion.
    Note the $399 MSRP hinted at above. Glock's marketing droids are very good at finding the optimal price point vs. manufacturing cost.

User Tag List