Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolvers, are they still relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    ...but I dont' really need anymore.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Nope, size of the gun. It was just outside of the envelope that I needed it to be. Only job I had for it was parka pocket BUG, so I sold it to the next guy who just had to have one.
    To me, the 296 is a pretty narrow-focus gun, but it's nearly perfect for that narrow purpose. To wit, if you have a purse or satchel with a gun compartment that can be unobtrusively accessed from the outside...

1. The gun is light enough to carry in there without feeling like it's going to tear your shoulder off.
    2. You can be walking through the parking lot or parking garage or riding the elevator with your hand already unobtrusively on the weapon.
    3. If for whatever reason the gun is fired from inside the bag there is at least a chance that you will be able to get off multiple shots, and the shots you get off will be .429" ones if the hollowpoints get all clogged with purse.

That's the only reason I've still got the gun.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    To me, the 296 is a pretty narrow-focus gun, but it's nearly perfect for that narrow purpose. To wit, if you have a purse or satchel with a gun compartment that can be unobtrusively accessed from the outside...

1. The gun is light enough to carry in there without feeling like it's going to tear your shoulder off.
    2. You can be walking through the parking lot or parking garage or riding the elevator with your hand already unobtrusively on the weapon.
    3. If for whatever reason the gun is fired from inside the bag there is at least a chance that you will be able to get off multiple shots, and the shots you get off will be .429" ones if the hollowpoints get all clogged with purse.

All valid, the mission driving the gear train and whatnot.

That scene from 'Eraser' where Vanessa Williams blasts the bad guy through the purse with the J frame is one of movie time's great street realistic gun moments IMHO.

But, I seldom carry a purse, and that gun didn't work for AIWB for me the way I had hoped, so............ Off to the next guy it went.

ETA; purse load that will never clog; https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...duct_list&c=99

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

Hey, if the only reason you had the gun was because it was frickin' cool, that would make sense to me.

Someday, when I get the house paid off, I may be a collector.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    ETA; purse load that will never clog; https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...duct_list&c=99
    Jeebus Lorenzo, a 200 grain bullet at 1000 FPS. "Why yes, I would like to shoot through ALL THE THINGS."

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Jeebus Lorenzo, a 200 grain bullet at 1000 FPS. "Why yes, I would like to shoot through ALL THE THINGS."
    It shoots through SCHOOLS!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Hey, if the only reason you had the gun was because it was frickin' cool, that would make sense to me.

Someday, when I get the house paid off, I may be a collector.
    I prefer my collectibles to have more walnut, blued steel, and sex appeal.

If it's made of titanium, aluminum, soulless steel, or scandalum, it has to earn its keep.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Being one of only two officers on my department that even shoots the wheel gun, I find myself asking - are revolvers still relevant?
    Mine is still relevant. Off duty I recently went FROM semi-auto's TO revolver(s) for my EDC. Currently a S&W Model 60 Pro - soon might rotate between that and a S&W 640 - both 357 magnum's.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Mine is still relevant. Off duty I recently went FROM semi-auto's TO revolver(s) for my EDC.

Please tell us why.

I find them relevant for me for one reason. I still run one better than a pistol which gives me more confidence in my abilities.
    I have been issued SIGs for over 18 years but I started out with a revolver.

User Tag List