Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IDPA Bug Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Jerry shot a 686+ with a 2 inch barrel.
    Thanks, Caleb. I look forward to your additional reports on the BUG nationals. Did you see anyone shooting a M&P9c?

My understanding was that Randy Rogers was shooting the M&P9C, while Julie G was shooting the shield.

I believe this was Randi's first big outing in S&W Blue.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone stupid enough to shoot a Scandium 340 class BUG at the match?
    I thought about shooting my Scandium 360 in our outlaw ccw match (<100 rounds) a few months ago.
    Then I went to the range to practice up.
    15 rounds of standard pressure fmj later I switched to my "race gun" (Kahr PM9) instead.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    My understanding was that Randy Rogers was shooting the M&P9C, while Julie G was shooting the shield.

I believe this was Randi's first big outing in S&W Blue.
    Yes, Randi had a Compact and Julie had a Shield.

Full thoughts on the match here.

I have about 20 pages of notes I took on the match and my thoughts on it, which I'll be unpacking through the week. I really think IDPA is on to something here with this format.

This seems like just the match for my 3" model 36 square butt.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Yes, Randi had a Compact and Julie had a Shield.

Full thoughts on the match here.

I have about 20 pages of notes I took on the match and my thoughts on it, which I'll be unpacking through the week. I really think IDPA is on to something here with this format.
    IDPA Just announced on Facebook Randi Rogers taking High Lady with her S&W Shield. I know on their Gun Girl Radio Podcast Randi & Julie stated that Randi was going to use the compact and Julie the Shield.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

I'm purty sure Randi had a compact, but it's hard to tell from the photos.

I forget, were there reloads as part of the COF in this match?

We shoot a couple of BUG matches per year locally and those have no reloads, was wondering if that is the same at the nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yesterday afternoon, after reading this thread, I decided to shoot my Scandium 340, so I could be like SLG. I couldn't find standard 38 special ammo in my stash, and could only find some 158+P Federal. Feeling ambitious, I took 10 rounds out with me. I fired two rounds, and immediately returned the 8 unfired cartridges to the box.....
    That made me LOL.

I have a 340PD that sits idle these days. The day I bought it, back when they first came out, set on "conquering" the beast, I put on my Viking hat and proceeded to shoot an entire box of 50 rounds of .357 through it in a single sitting. Good God that hurt. The process left my strong hand thumb bloodied (from the cylinder release) and the funny bit is that I didn't even know it until I felt the blood dripping into my palm b/c my whole hand was so numb. Yeah, not so smart... :-P

The match looks like it was a lot of fun. We've put on some local BUG side matches. Having learned my lesson, I shoot my actual BUG, a much more civilized 239. :-)

t

No reloads.

One of the stages had a pickup 442 loaded with actual .357 ammo. That was...fun.

User Tag List