Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA Bug Nationals

Interesting results: Jerry beat everyone. His final was a 166 and change, with a wheelgun. Next closest was Mike Seeklander with a 170.

Congrats to SLG who shot a slightly less awful match than me (inside joke) and walked away with 1st Master in Revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Interesting results: Jerry beat everyone. His final was a 166 and change, with a wheelgun. Next closest was Mike Seeklander with a 170.

Congrats to SLG who shot a slightly less awful match than me (inside joke) and walked away with 1st Master in Revolver.
    Interested in hearing more about your observations of the match, stages, shooters, equipment, etc. Planning a longer work here or at your blog?

Yeah, I'll have a full write up with some video on Gun Nuts next week.

We are diminished
    Awesome!

What was Jerry's weapon of choice?

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    My idea of a BUG is a J frame of some flavor, not a 2.5-3" L frame.
    I carried a 2.5" M19 for over 15 years as a Special Agent of a Treasury Agency (before DHS was formed). These revolvers shot pretty good with the old 110 grain +P+ Treasury load. Of course, a 3" barrel with a full length ejector rod would have been better. A 3" M19 or M66 might make the ultimate BUG revolver. Of course a gamers Bug Revolver would be a 3" M686. I requested a 4" M19 when one became available. I carred both in a Desantis Speed Scabbard. We were required to carry the issued weapon and ammo. This was before the SIG P228, then P229.

An all steel 3" J Frame would also make an acceptable BUG. I have a Sc Ti M340, 12 oz., it hurts like hell to shoot +P ammo in it, let alone 357 magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    I carried a 2.5" M19 for over 15 years as a Special Agent of a Treasury Agency (before DHS was formed). These revolvers shot pretty good with the old 110 grain +P+ Treasury load. Of course, a 3" barrel with a full length ejector rod would have been better. A 3" M19 or M66 might make the ultimate BUG revolver. Of course a gamers Bug Revolver would be a 3" M686. I requested a 4" M19 when one became available. I carred both in a Desantis Speed Scabbard. We were required to carry the issued weapon and ammo. This was before the SIG P228, then P229.

An all steel 3" J Frame would also make an acceptable BUG. I have a Sc Ti M340, 12 oz., it hurts like hell to shoot +P ammo in it, let alone 357 magnum.
    Are we talking an actual BUG or a win the game "BUG", because in carrying a BUG for the past 27 years I can say that in very, very few cases would a model 19 have fit into the BUG plan due to size and weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    What was Jerry's weapon of choice?
    Jerry shot a 686+ with a 2 inch barrel.

Yesterday afternoon, after reading this thread, I decided to shoot my Scandium 340, so I could be like SLG. I couldn't find standard 38 special ammo in my stash, and could only find some 158+P Federal. Feeling ambitious, I took 10 rounds out with me. I fired two rounds, and immediately returned the 8 unfired cartridges to the box. Those two rounds hurt more than the 350 combined rounds of 9mm I shot yesterday thru a Beretta, Sig and Glock.

Anyone stupid enough to shoot a Scandium 340 class BUG at the match?

I get what Chuck is saying -- big difference between a real world BUG and a match BUG.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Are we talking an actual BUG or a win the game "BUG", because in carrying a BUG for the past 27 years I can say that in very, very few cases would a model 19 have fit into the BUG plan due to size and weight.
    My issue weapon was a 2.5" M19. It fits the definition of a BUG according to IDPA. My 12 oz. M340 is a LW BUG and will fit in a front pocket holster. Therefore it is more likely to be carried in retirement than a 2.5" M19 in a belt holster. My current favorite carry gun fits the IDPA definition of a BUG, but is my primary. It is a M&P9c carried in a kydex trigger guard holster with a belt lanyard in the AIWB position. After much consideration, I no longer want to depend on 5 rounds of 38 Special+P when I can rely on 13 rounds of 9mm. I beieve the best 9mm duty ammo is better than the best 38 special+P duty ammo.

User Tag List