Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA Bug Nationals

IDPA Bug Nationals

Anyone else going?

I just discovered the BUG division, after initially trying to shoot my J in SSR. Now "nationals"? How cool is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    I just discovered the BUG division, after initially trying to shoot my J in SSR. Now "nationals"? How cool is that.
    I'm actually quite excited about this match, because IDPA is using it sort of as a "proof of concept" for matches like it. There has never been a sanctioned BUG match before, so I'm certain there will be kinks to work out in the rules and execution, but it should be interesting to say the least.

I know I could go read the rule book or otherwise find the answer, but I am going to be lazy and just ask:

What, if any, are the divisional breakdowns for BUG, and are shooters broken down by classification?

I wsih I could have gone to that one. We do a couple of BUG matches locally, I even won our last match, and I didn't even cheat, used a 642

As I was reading the BUG division rules, I noticed some of the same things you discuss in your blog post. Despite it being intended for BUGs, there is ample opportunity to shoot guns that are decidedly not carried or used as true BUGs.

You wrote:

What I like even more is that the way the rules are structured…you don’t have to shoot your carry gun at all. I think that seeing who’s shooting small carry guns and who’s shooting gamer guns will be very enlightening on where the culture of IDPA is heading vs. where it has been.
    Think there will be more definition on what constitutes a BUG, or even an IDPA BUG-Box at some point?

My idea of a BUG is a J frame of some flavor, not a 2.5-3" L frame.

If this match is a success, I think the BUG rules will get tightened up a bit. To me, a BUG is a gun like a Shield or an LCR, or my 640.

To answer jlw's question, yes it appears that shooters are being broken into classes at this match. There are two divisions, revolver and auto, and then your best classification is used. So an ESR master would shoot Master revo, and a CDP Master would shoot Auto-Master.

To me, a BUG is a gun like a Shield or an LCR, or my 640.
    Strongly concur

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    To answer jlw's question, yes it appears that shooters are being broken into classes at this match. There are two divisions, revolver and auto, and then your best classification is used. So an ESR master would shoot Master revo, and a CDP Master would shoot Auto-Master.
    That makes too much sense for it have come from IDPA...

User Tag List