Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian SOF Handgun Training

I could see the second drill being useful, but only if done with Sims or something similar. Doing it with live ammo is asking to get someone shot.

Did anybody else feel that a few times LAV was, if you could read between the lines, trying to say "You're about to see some crazy shit"?

I'm honestly wondering about the larger picture of how this went down. Maybe he was invited over, "bring your camera crew" and all that sort of stuff.... then he gets there and they go full retard on camera. LAV is thinking, "I can't just leave", so they shoot the segment hoping no one gets hit, and every time he talks to the camera he subbtlely tries to tell the viewer "this is crazy!"

I don't know Larry, so I'm not trying to say I can read his mind.... but I can definitely envision a scenario like that happening.

And yes, there's some crazy stuff going on- for sure! And the two rounds launched in to the dirt at the feet of the "aggressors" (one of which appears to maybe be intentional, the second I don't think is at all) - yeah, that's nuts.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    Did anybody else feel that a few times LAV was, if you could read between the lines, trying to say "You're about to see some crazy shit"?

I'm honestly wondering about the larger picture of how this went down. Maybe he was invited over, "bring your camera crew" and all that sort of stuff.... then he gets there and they go full retard on camera. LAV is thinking, "I can't just leave", so they shoot the segment hoping no one gets hit, and every time he talks to the camera he subbtlely tries to tell the viewer "this is crazy!"

I don't know Larry, so I'm not trying to say I can read his mind.... but I can definitely envision a scenario like that happening.

And yes, there's some crazy stuff going on- for sure! And the two rounds launched in to the dirt at the feet of the "aggressors" (one of which appears to maybe be intentional, the second I don't think is at all) - yeah, that's nuts.
    In my totally amateur opinion, I think the producers just wanted something to show for flying the TV crew and gear all the way to Russia.Once they got there, LAV couldnt just pack up once the derpness started.

Frankly I'm surprised that anyone here is surprised.

Its the Russians - they guys who brought you the T-34 tank, and AK-47. They are once again RUSSIANS, never try to take an American look at what they do...

They have an entirely different outlook on human life than we do.
    Last edited by KevinB; 11-09-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Maybe the Russkies threw Murphy in the Gulag before they did the drill.
    Of course Murphy is about as good as Houdini was at getting out of places folks try to keep him.

Well, it was entertaining to watch at least.

I think LAV covered everything that needs to be said about this type of "training".
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 11-09-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post

Its the Russians.....They have an entirely different outlook on human life than we do.
    That's exactly what I tell to my patients.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    That's exactly what I tell to my patients.
    "I performed this procedure on a patient this morning and he didn't even whimper."

"I'm not surprised, Dr. Quincy."
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Yep. Only people we hate, a lot. I hope al-Qa'ida watches this and thinks it's a good idea.
    LOL yes that!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List