Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Russian SOF Handgun Training

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B_x884R...ture=c4-feed-u

Russians. You're doing it wrong. Not enough tactical tango like these guys.
    I feel that if a gun is good enough to protect something as important as a bar, then its good enough to protect my family. - Homer Simpson

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    You would be much happier if you would start carrying your pro and ditch the plastic people popper.
    Having objectively measured my happiness using dials and gauges when carrying both pistols and noting no consistent difference that could not be attributed to background noise or measuring errors, I don't think the facts support your hypothesis.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by irishshooter View Post
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B_x884R...ture=c4-feed-u

Russians. You're doing it wrong. Not enough tactical tango like these guys.
    Holy muzzlin' brotherhood @ the 1:10ish mark Batman!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Holy muzzlin' brotherhood...
    Epic victory!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Having objectively measured my happiness using dials and gauges when carrying both pistols and noting no consistent difference that could not be attributed to background noise or measuring errors, I don't think the facts support your hypothesis.
    Hysterical people never think they are hysterical.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    .....and I can assure you they do not all match the stereotype.
    Excellent point. Most cultures include a fair degree of diversity.

My maternal grandmother was born in Russia, and I have a number of close Russian friends. One is a highly educated lawyer from excellent family, and she previously did a stint as a New York City fashion model. One is a former Soviet SGT and now CAD operator who lives a very quiet and predictable life and dislikes controversy. Another is an apolitical rock climber who came here to scale El Capitan... OK, perhaps this last one fits some definitions of crazy, but I met this person through a bunch of Americans who do the same thing.

Are there differences in cultural outlook? Sure there must be, their entire history is different than ours. They were a monarchy for centuries, absorbed massive casualties in WWII and then lived through a political and economic system very different than ours. But it's not fair to characterize an entire nation in one sentence or one paragraph. Having read Bernard Pares "A History of Russia" some years ago (recommended to me by a prof who specializes in Russian history), I think it's fair to say that book, about an inch thick in the paperback version, barely begins to skim the surface of who they are. If you were asked to explain the full diversity of American culture to someone who had never been here, where would you start and how long would it take? (According to my email spam filter, we're all materialists fixated on black friday shopping....
    Last edited by Salamander; 11-27-2013 at 01:23 AM.

User Tag List