Page 93 of 680 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193593 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    I received three versions of Tom's 1301 bolt release shroud; the original fully covered design (orange), the high wall open top (black), and the tapered side open top (black). I promptly installed each one and tried to induce the dreaded multiple-shells-on-the carrier malfunction.

Orange - I was able to create the malfunction by lifting on the forward side of the bolt release.

Black high wall - I was unable to create the malfunction by pressing on the rearward side of the bolt release or by lifting on the forward side.

Black tapered side - Same as above.

It seems counter intuitive to me that the orange shroud (round hole bottom) allowed the bolt release to pivot enough to create the malfunction and the black shroud (slotted bottom) did not. That being said, I found a combination that works, so I guess I'm not that concerned.

I left the black tapered side shroud installed on the gun.

Thanks a lot Tom!
    Last edited by EricP; 05-23-2016 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Removed video that linked back to my account

OK, got a new black one installed on my 1301 Tactical and it works great. I can make it shell dump, but not without trying. You literally have to get your fingers on the end of the latch and pry it up, hard, to make it happen. It is pretty difficult to do, so difficult that i think people that did not have strong hands/fingers could not make it happen. I cannot make it happen by pushing, beating, slapping, on the lever in any way and have beat on the lever from every direction and I cannot make it happen.

Super pumped about this really simple fix for a really big problem!

Name:  IMG_2969.jpg
Views: 1985
Size:  60.2 KB
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Now if I can just get Beretta to build the 1301 Tactical.......
    On the 3.5" competition receiver (so then it will take the 21" and 24" barrels from the comp)
    with a 18" Vent Rib barrel
    with pistol sight dove tails front and rear (also put those on the 21" and 24" barrels)
    with no ghost ring sights (so 1995)
    with an aluminum true Picatinny rail
    with M-Lock slots on the fore end
    with QD sling mounts on the stock and fore end

Then I would be really happy
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I received my orange one & want to thank you. Now if the 1301 would just arrive, I'll get on with the testing ASAP!

Quick question:

Is there any way to have a T2 co-witness on the 1301 Tactical?

I'm asking for my boss.

Thanks,

JR1572

Site Supporter
    Those who keep saying you can induce the malfunction by prying up on the lever, against significant spring tension:
    It should be noted that I don't consider that a malfunction of the gun, since you are intentionally doing something it was not designed to do. It's like saying I was able to cause a failure to eject in my AR by holding the dust cover closed, or my 870 dumps a shell on the ground when I pump the action and push the shell elevator up at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    Those who keep saying you can induce the malfunction by prying up on the lever, against significant spring tension:
    It should be noted that I don't consider that a malfunction of the gun, since you are intentionally doing something it was not designed to do. It's like saying I was able to cause a failure to eject in my AR by holding the dust cover closed, or my 870 dumps a shell on the ground when I pump the action and push the shell elevator up at the same time.
    I agree, though I think people mean it as a testament to the effectiveness of the shroud, as in "the only way this can happen is to intentionally do something dumb completely outside the scope of the manual of arms that could never happen accidentally"
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Oh of course, you can jam most any gun intentionally. What people are worried about is the accidental, not so much the intentional. If the latch on the right side of a fully loaded 1301 hits a door frame in your home while stumbling around at night, it could be rendered inoperable. This is why I'm OK with Tom's new design, without that rear ring under the lever. The shroud should be enough to cover for accidental, not stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    I agree, though I think people mean it as a testament to the effectiveness of the shroud, as in "the only way this can happen is to intentionally do something dumb completely outside the scope of the manual of arms that could never happen accidentally"
    Precisely.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Exactly, that is the point.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List