Page 91 of 680 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    I agree. That's not the case on any of mine. I'm inclined to think something is very wrong
    Same. With the shroud on I can't make my gun do this.
    3/15/2016

I never realIzed how much pressure it takes to pry the latch up. I'm very satisfied with this solution and don't see any way to dump shells
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

I got two of the updated prototypes today and just installed the smallest one. I have managed to make it dump shells once, but that was by prying up on the lever with a screwdriver. And even then it was a bitch on stilts to do...so this is not something that I see happening accidentally. It fits flush with the lever and in Tactical Black (TM) it looks like it belongs on the gun.

Beating on the back of the lever with a gunsmith's hammer won't make the shells release even with the smallest, most low-profile device in place. Even when you add a punch directly behind the screw and whack it with the hammer it still won't release the shells. (Note: It probably isn't a good idea to do this with your shotgun. I'm trying to give Tom some useful feedback)

So at this point even with the lowest profile, barely-noticeable version of this doo-dad on the gun I can't make it puke shells unless I use tools and make quite an effort of it.
    3/15/2016

Hi Tom,
    I for one am thankful for all the work you are doing. I can't wait to get the finished product as this small device makes the 1301 the shotgun it is suppose to be. So far the 1301 has been more reliable for me than my Benelli M2 with all sorts of ammo. Both shotguns with heavy load buckshot are flawless. It's the lighter loads I have issues with the M2

Quote Originally Posted by gqllc007 View Post
    Hi Tom,
    I for one am thankful for all the work you are doing. I can't wait to get the finished product as this small device makes the 1301 the shotgun it is suppose to be. So far the 1301 has been more reliable for me than my Benelli M2 with all sorts of ammo. Both shotguns with heavy load buckshot are flawless. It's the lighter loads I have issues with the M2
    the reliability with light loads gets overlooked I think. I can understand the argument of "well I'm not going to light loads for HD/duty so it doesn't matter." Personally, I take enough shotgun classes where I run a lot of light loads, I'd rather not have cycling issues when I'm trying to learn if I can help it.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm starting to #feelthebern.
    The Weekend is coming up. I am sure they just needed some free time to get to the range and write up the report. I certainly can't shoot a shotgun during the week.

It fixed the issue. It erased any reservations I had about using the 1301 on duty.

I'd buy it in it's earliest form and color.

Thanks for your work on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I sent out about 2 dozen samples. I haven't seen 2 dozens posts from people after they've received them. Less than half acknowledged that then even received them. I'm starting to #feelthebern.

If you have one and you are a LEO (or if I know you personally, or you are a friend of a friend), you get a free pass (because they are my passes and I can give them to whomever I want ). However, I'd still like to hear your thoughts (as well as everyone else's) when you have time to post.
    Sorry dude! Schedule hasn't permitted much sleep recently, much less range trip time. Prototype works perfectly for me in dry manipulations. I haven't been able to induce the malfunction through normal use, though admittedly I haven't been quite as inventive in my attempts as TCinVA. Hope springs eternal for some range time on Memorial Day weekend.

Will have feedback from me when my 1301 actually comes in. Ordered one through Arms Unlimited for $800. Apparently the ones they got from Beretta were not the tactical models so they had to send them back and get the tactical versions. Based on their timeline I'll have it this week or next.

So far I've done all my playing with A Zoom snap caps.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List