Page 87 of 678 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187587 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Email also sent, if there's room for one more (no worries if all are already spoken for).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the updates and the work on this, Tom!
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post

that would be the one i have coming

Tom, Awesome job. Incredible to see the Computer model to proof of concept within such a short span of time.

Trying to think of a good catchphrase, and all I could come up with is: "Remember to cover your release to prevent premature ejection"

I've watched a video or two from Tested on youtube on the Formlabs printers and they're pretty impressive. They had some good tips on upkeep and extending life of the bed, etc.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    3D printing is awesome. It allows for a guy like me, with essentially zero trade skills, to easily prototype stuff. As soon as I can (hopefully this summer), I'll be buying a printer from Formlabs. I think their Form 2 offers a lot of bang for the buck.
    Some of us might be willing to help contribute to helping you buy the tools you need to keep making awesome stuff, dude.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 05-11-2016 at 02:36 PM.
    3/15/2016

I just installed my prototype unit after playing with some A-zoom snap caps. Semi-auto shotguns can be very confusing in function and I had no trouble accidentally engaging the shell release with one in the chamber which caused the hellacious malfunction of three shells in the tiny space.

The part effectively prevents the bolt release from being moved in the direction for releasing shells from the magazine...leaving the lever on the side to function solely as a bolt release which I GREATLY prefer.

So for me, A+.
    3/15/2016

And in the truly inexplicable, I was comparing with my 870 and managed to cause the exact same malfunction for the first time in my life. I have no idea how.

Jesus H.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    And in the truly inexplicable, I was comparing with my 870 and managed to cause the exact same malfunction for the first time in my life. I have no idea how.

Jesus H.
    Easy. Ghost load an 870, then release the action, and rack it.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm_shooter View Post
    Easy. Ghost load an 870, then release the action, and rack it.
    I took a shotgun class with Chris Fry of MDTS (one of the best shotgun classes out there, FYI) and we did an awesome malfunction drill. I want to say he actually set this up on the class with an 870. If I'm remembering that correctly, I don't remember it being nearly as hard to clear as it is with the 1301.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

User Tag List