Page 83 of 680 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183583 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    To make it more realistic, you need to clear that malfunction while a grizzly is clawing off your buddy's face.
    I think I'll pass on that challenge
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

That looks pretty cool, Tom, good thinking. Here is my surprised face.

Someday I might buy a shotgun. This might be it. Shotguns are still a mystery to me, though.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    No you didn't. I suspect you used Tapatalk and it's built in "chat" system (that's currently turned on despite me telling the fucking monkeys at Tapatalk, repeatedly, to turn that shit off). Please use the PM system built into vBulletin.
    Ah yes and since I am traveling I am working from the phone. Oh well thanks for the thought though.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Here it is:
    Tom,

What if I actually want to unload the weapon?

Is there a way to use the shell release? Do I have to carry a 223 too poke your bullet button?

Or do I unload one at a time like an 870 by pressing the shell catch.
    Last edited by nycnoob; 05-05-2016 at 08:30 PM.

No you didn't. I suspect you used Tapatalk and it's built in "chat" system (that's currently turned on despite me telling the fucking monkeys at Tapatalk, repeatedly, to turn that shit off). Please use the PM system built into vBulletin.
    I sent you a PM via vBulletin this morning. Either your PMs aren't working, or you just ignored me (entirely plausible... ).
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    Tom,

What if I actually want to unload the weapon?

Is there a way to use the shell release? Do I have to carry a 223 too poke your bullet button?

Or do I unload one at a time like an 870 by pressing the shell catch.
    You'll have two options I imagine.

1. Lift the lever up
    2. Manually depress the shell stop, similar to how you would unload other tube fed shotguns
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

I did receive it and I'm not ignoring you. I just want to take the time to compose a proper response and the time for such a response has been scarce today.

I can't provide a good quick answer to your questions (which is why I'm waiting to respond -- probably (very) late tonight), but the short version is that I'll take care of you and make sure you get one no matter what.
    Roger that.

The question about unloading has prompted another question, and quite possibly I am missing something very obvious, but does the shroud block the bolt release from working at all? Does it make it where you have to pull back on the bolt handle to release the bolt?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Nope. Bolt release functions as normal.

The bolt release lever, as implemented by Beretta, has two functions. If you tilt it forward (push on the front of it), it acts as a bolt release. If you tilt it rearward (push on the rear of it), it acts as a shell release. This shroud simply covers the rear of the lever and makes it "impossible" to rotate it rearward by pressing on it. The lever can still rotate rearward (and in fact, has to, in order for the gun to function), you just have to lift up the front of it.

It's a moderately complicated thing to describe in words (since the mechanism has two different functions and two different pivot points), but if you and I were sitting around in front of a 1301, I could completely explain it to you in a couple of minutes.

If I'm not mistaken, Samuel Long (formerly of ABQ) works for you and has a 1301. I can send him one for you guys to play with.

ETA: Maybe I should make another one of my silent movie (since no one wants to hear my voice) Youtube videos showing what this shroud is and how it works.
    The video would be cool.

Sam's brother is sworn through us.

One of the local dealers has offered me the loan of a demo model; so, I have access to one.

Maybe I should make another one of my silent movie

Do it right this time . . .
    Do the eye makeup for this one.

User Tag List