Page 78 of 680 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178578 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Next project for Tom, 14 inch barrel on the 1301.
    I'll handle this one:

Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I have a couple of black ones too, but figured they'd be almost impossible to see given my limited (nonexistent) photography skills.
    I would like one if and when they go on sale!

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    I'll handle this one:

One aspect to the 1301 is the chrome lined barrel. I know it prevents certain barrel work (like that done by Vang Comp). I think it could potentially cause issues with chopping as well.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    As a machinist I'll be the first to say that looks like some first rate milling and turning!
    Thanks. I did it on a 4th axis on a really small machine. It took forever!
    President - Unity Tactical - Innovative. Adaptive. Decisive.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Regarding the Mesa Tactical stock. I ended up removing it and going back to the stock that came on it after I found that the bolt was striking the filler piece.
    Why does teh Urbino stock have that center tab there? Is it necessary, really? The original plate from the 1301 Tac lacks it. I'd try filing/cutting it off before giving up on it, since it's already bent backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm_shooter View Post
    Why does teh Urbino stock have that center tab there? Is it necessary, really? The original plate from the 1301 Tac lacks it. I'd try filing/cutting it off before giving up on it, since it's already bent backwards.
    Good question as to why it's there. I have been too busy to mess with it. I agree with filing or cutting it before giving up on it. The quickest solution was to put the old stock back on. I have a shotgun class on Saturday and am traveling to Seattle for work so I will work on it next week.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

I don't mean this in any way other than curiosity:

What is so awesome about this shotgun that you guys are willing to put all this effort into it? What does the Beretta do that a Benelli does not?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post

What is so awesome about this shotgun that you guys are willing to put all this effort into it? What does the Beretta do that a Benelli does not?
    I have a similar question but why this vs the TX4 shotgun.
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter

The 1301 being gas operated instead of inertia-driven like the M1/M2 recoils less and is not sensitive to accessories mounted on the gun, and less sensitive to reduced recoil ammo. The 1301 also comes with a better (shorter LOP) stock out of the box.

What is so awesome about XXXX that you guys are willing to put all this effort into it? What does the XXXX do that a YYYY does not?
    This is a great question which we should ALL periodically ask ourselves and each other.

User Tag List