Page 639 of 680 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

https://flic.kr/p/2p6rwkF

Hey fellas,

Obviously new here. Some of y'all may remember me from M4C. Used to post there all the time. Anyway I have been stalking all the 1301 threads on here and some great info. My main goal were 3 things. 1: have a way ro mount a sling up front. 2: Have a way to mount a light. 3: Have a way to protect my hands from that freaking barrel.

All without using the crappy factory clamp or preferably any clamp at all......that idea changed. I looked at GG&G stuff, Aridus, Briley amd so on. All had their ups and downs to them. The Briley seemed like the perfect option minus the price. Well I bit the bullet and bought one. Immediately after putting it on I hated it. Totally changed the balance of the gun. Loved the MLOK slots. Loved the way it covers the barrel....but the way it changed the way the 1301 handles...nope. Not for me.

Well a couple of weeks ago I ordered the GG&G (I have a Gen 3 1301) replacement aluminium magazine cover. Honestly for nothing more than just I hated the plastic cover. Wanted the Nordic but couldn't find one in stock anywhere. I threw the clamp that came with it in the parts been. Not a fan of clamps on shotguns. So I'm going OCD trying to figure out how I'm going to mount a light (and a way to activate it), sling, and keep my hand from being burned after deciding to ditch the Briley.

Thought about modding the stock handguard and mount some old Unity Tactical stuff I have laying around but, as you know, shotguns are vicious on equipment and I dont want to mount a big Surefire DF light on a mod I made myself on plastic.

Well, I happened to think about another gun I have. Its in the picture below. Remembering I had that old clamp I got from GG&G I began tinkering and came up with whats in the photo. I just flipped the clamp 180 degrees and mounted the SF to it. I do like their magazine cover as it is slotted to keep the clamp from walking and the taper of the SF body will keep the light from walking. Well that's all theory as I just put all this together about an hour ago. As far as the sling goes. I think I am also just going to mimic the Colt and tie some 550 cord to the sling and loop (or use a Blue Force Gear sling loop) it between the clamp and forend or, like the Colt just loop it through the front site post and QD it to the stock

The cheap heat shield you guys are talking about is very interesting and Im going to try out and hopefully it will solve my other issue. Have any of you who have done that heat shield mod and use the push/pull technique had an issue with the shield walking forward? Anyway I know this was way too long and I apologize. Good info on here and appreciate it!

-Jax

BTW, if anyone wants a brand new Briley handguard. I'll sell it @ a good price.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your ideas!

I’ve done the heat shield mod but haven’t tested it out yet. I don’t really see it walking forwards as long as you make good cuts into the stock handguard. Try to make the leading edge of the cut as close to 90 degrees as possible… that way it will act as a recoil lug against the rear retaining ears of the heat shield.

As for your flashlight setup it the picture, I’d be wary of the added weight on the mag tube cover. Based strictly on a theoretical assumption, the added weight could cause the tube to rotate loose. I know the OG plastic clamp tended to walk on the plastic mag tube cover, but let us know how it works on the GGG piece.

I’m using a GGG flashlight mount to mount a Scout light AND a qd sling socket. It’s basically a section of pic rail that clamps between the barrel lug and mag tube cover. I’m able to fit the Scoutlight Pro and a BCM qd socket on the rail. I did have to remove some metal from the qd socket to get everything to fit.

But let us know how everything turns out. The more people trying/testing things out, the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post

I’ve done the heat shield mod but haven’t tested it out yet. I don’t really see it walking forwards as long as you make good cuts into the stock handguard. Try to make the leading edge of the cut as close to 90 degrees as possible… that way it will act as a recoil lug against the rear retaining ears of the heat shield.

As for your flashlight setup it the picture, I’d be wary of the added weight on the mag tube cover. Based strictly on a theoretical assumption, the added weight could cause the tube to rotate loose. I know the OG plastic clamp tended to walk on the plastic mag tube cover, but let us know how it works on the GGG piece.

I’m using a GGG flashlight mount to mount a Scout light AND a qd sling socket. It’s basically a section of pic rail that clamps between the barrel lug and mag tube cover. I’m able to fit the Scoutlight Pro and a BCM qd socket on the rail. I did have to remove some metal from the qd socket to get everything to fit.

But let us know how everything turns out. The more people trying/testing things out, the better!
    The GG&G sling mount is complete trash. I'm pretty sure its made out of silly putty. It would bend at the slightest touch. Eventually, much like a paperclip, it snapped off.

Find another solution brother. :/ I've got pics somewhere. I'll try and find them.

Maybe you got a bad one or maybe I got a good one, but my GGG mount is solid. I’ve got several hundred round through the gun with the mount attached with no problems. I have the one that has only a pic rail on one side, not the one that has the rail on one side and sling mount on the other.

I appreciate the advice on the heat shield man and will do!

As far as my light setup, yeah thats my concern as well. I'm going to the range this weekend and am going to try it out and see what happens.

-Jax

https://scalarworks.com/shop/integral-mounts/sync-02/

Has anyone tried the Scalarworks Sync02 rail for the AImpoint Micro?

It's not clear to me if this mount can be installed with the factory iron sights still on the gun? Will it co-witness? The only picture I see shows a micro mounted alone on the receiver, with no irons

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    https://scalarworks.com/shop/integral-mounts/sync-02/

Has anyone tried the Scalarworks Sync02 rail for the AImpoint Micro?

It's not clear to me if this mount can be installed with the factory iron sights still on the gun? Will it co-witness? The only picture I see shows a micro mounted alone on the receiver, with no irons
    I don't think it can. If you compare the photos of the Aimpoint Micro with the Aimpoint Acro, in the Micro photo the optic is sitting where the rear sight is on the Acro photo.

Maybe you got a bad one or maybe I got a good one, but my GGG mount is solid. I’ve got several hundred round through the gun with the mount attached with no problems. I have the one that has only a pic rail on one side, not the one that has the rail on one side and sling mount on the other.
    I have the same one. Eventually, it snapped off. This is just from laying the gun down on barrels and slinging it. Maybe the heat treat on this batch wasn't on par but...yeah, I dunno. I'm not gentle with my gear so I don't know how durable these things really are supposed to be.

Name:  IMG-1278.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  38.3 KB
    Last edited by Magsz; 10-18-2023 at 02:11 PM.

Damn! Looks like you run tour gun much harder than me. But until a better solution comes up, I’ll stick with the GGG setup.

Chisel Machining is working on a version of their shotgun stock for the 1301.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyrPG...RlODBiNWFlZA==
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List