Page 632 of 678 FirstFirst ... 132532582622630631632633634642 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Just bought a current generation 1301T. Incredible how fast it cycles. One minor issue, the magazine tube on my example only holds 6 shells. I’m fairly certain that the solution to the problem is buried somewhere in this thread, but if anyone can point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Just bought a current generation 1301T. Incredible how fast it cycles. One minor issue, the magazine tube on my example only holds 6 shells. I’m fairly certain that the solution to the problem is buried somewhere in this thread, but if anyone can point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it.
    we really need to put this in the pinned reference threads

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/beretta-1301/parts.html
    Part #11 is the magazine cap. It retains the magazine spring in the tube when you remove the forend cap so it doesn't go shooting out.

You can remove #11 with a small flat blade screwdriver and your tube will now fit 7 rounds easily. #11 is not critical, it's just to simplify maintenance. Without it, just keep your hand over the magazine tube to catch the spring when you take the gun down.

I've never seen Beretta mention this and I've tried a large variety of rounds. Never been able to fit more than 6 until #11 is removed. Even though Beretta advertises it as a 7 round tube...not sure what ammo they're using
    Last edited by shootist26; 05-18-2023 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    we really need to put this in the pinned reference threads

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/beretta-1301/parts.html
    Part #11 is the magazine cap. It retains the magazine spring in the tube when you remove the forend cap so it doesn't go shooting out.

You can remove #11 with a small flat blade screwdriver and your tube will now fit 7 rounds easily. #11 is not critical, it's just to simplify maintenance. Without it, just keep your hand over the magazine tube to catch the spring when you take the gun down.

I've never seen Beretta mention this and I've tried a large variety of rounds. Never been able to fit more than 6 until #11 is removed. Even though Beretta advertises it as a 7 round tube...not sure what ammo they're using
    This is what I love about the Pistol Forum community. Thank you @shootist26.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Without it, just keep your hand over the magazine tube to catch the spring when you take the gun down.
    On a tangent, many caps have (or could have) a hole in them (the regular cap could have the swivel most folks do not use removed), and I have found it very helpful to slip something like a rifle cleaning rod through the hole. It makes wrangling these long springs back into the tube (and/or extension) a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Maybe I missed it but after going through this whole thread about three times I did not see a longer Picatinny rail tail that can mount to the upper mounts with the rear sight gone. I prefer to use a MePro M21 old-school red dot sight on my home defense shotgun and never worry about batteries. It fit and worked perfectly on my M4 that 1301 replaced. There are low risers that elevate the sight .42" that will give me the needed 9 slots(verses the 7), but I'm not certain how this would mess up aiming the gun?
    I'm curious about this too. I'd like to put a primary arms prism on it, but I think the eye relief might be off just a bit. I'd like to move the sight back just a bit more.

Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Question.

My 1301 sounds like someone is stuffing a cat into a woodchipper when you rack the bolt. It is incredibly raspy sounding. I know that there are major differences between the 1301's recoil system versus my A300 but the A300 is smooth as silk. My 1301 feels horrid when I operate the bolt. The bolt is also difficult to return to battery unless you rack the thing with authority.

Having said this...the gun is functional with all but the lightest bird shot loads. Is this "normal" for the 1301?

I have a video that I can upload at some point.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Question.

My 1301 sounds like someone is stuffing a cat into a woodchipper when you rack the bolt. It is incredibly raspy sounding. I know that there are major differences between the 1301's recoil system versus my A300 but the A300 is smooth as silk. My 1301 feels horrid when I operate the bolt. The bolt is also difficult to return to battery unless you rack the thing with authority.

Having said this...the gun is functional with all but the lightest bird shot loads. Is this "normal" for the 1301?

I have a video that I can upload at some point.
    Video would be useful.

It's possible the recoil spring is kinked up and causing some of that behavior...but it's hard to know for sure just from the textual description. The recoil spring runs along the magazine tube so some noise from that is normal. The bolt's travel to the rear has to unlock, then it has to cock the hammer or run over the cocked hammer. Both of those points will cause a hitch that you can feel if you are manually pulling the bolt to the rear...but it should be fairly minor. In contrast the A300 bolt drops a locking lug from up at the top of the bolt down...so with no rotating bolt it will start smoother.

A typical 1301 will run pretty reliably with most loads. The specialty low-recoil, low noise loads meant for break action guns used to shoot clay will not run them reliably. That said, I've seen specimens of 1301 that actually run through a couple of hundred of those loads in a day with only a few stoppages because the bolt didn't have enough oomph to run fully to the rear and activate the lifter. This required the user to simply manually run the bolt to load the next round sitting on the lifter.

If the gun is running it's probably fine. But it's worth looking at the recoil spring to ensure it's not kinking or having any unusual issues or causing any unusual wear on the mag tube.
    3/15/2016

The cheese grater noise from the recoil spring is normal… to a point. Like TCinVA mentioned, the spring riding over the mag tube is the source of the noise. If the mag tube is empty, it can amplify the sound. If it really bothers you, you can LIGHTLY lube the mag tube.

As for going into battery, that is also normal with the rotating bolt. But it’s like loading any semi auto… you shouldn’t ride the bolt. If it’s causing problems, put a drop of out on the lugs.

I know not to ride the bolt.

With that Aridus handguard/stock on there, it just feels like the bolt comes to a hard stop and THEN, when pushed with some force, locks up into battery. A sharp rack overcomes this.

It's just a different feeling than what i'm used to. (other semi auto's, not other 1301's.

A buddy sent me a replacement factory handguard. The high pitched screeching is gone with this. There's a slight rasp to it but it's not as grating to my ears. It could be that the Aridus handguard being open simply amplifies the natural sound of the spring grating against the mag tube but man..it's...bad lol. It doesn't seem to be an impediment to function but i'm curious as to what the long term effects may be, if any? I can't really see what could be grinding against the handguard if anything. I don't really have anything to blame other than the fact that I believe there to be a very pronounced sound difference between handguards.

I'm not an AR buffer spring "sproing is annoying" kind of guy. I simply don't care so long as the gun is functioning properly.

Quick question. Does the Aridus handguard retainer require the O-ring that is inside of the factory handguard? The instructions didn't mention whether or not it did. Or, I missed it.

I'll try and get my awful video uploaded later this evening.

User Tag List