Page 631 of 680 FirstFirst ... 131531581621629630631632633641 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I was referring to Farrowtech and Tac Ord. There are links posted to their mounts a few posts above.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I had never heard of them before either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    My understanding is that the Acro has been sparse on the commercial market due to the volume of LE/MIL orders. Similarly, my understanding is the Reptilia mount began with an OEM side order to support an LE contract with the Steiner MPS (it shares the footprint with the Acro, and Steiner is under the Beretta Holdings umbrella). Lots of these cool guy programs pop up from an LE or MIL contract the need a specialized part; the only thing is that contract will have priority for delivery over commercial orders.
    I was curious if we were getting the Acro mount first because that was what Beretta wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I had never heard of them before either.

I was curious if we were getting the Acro mount first because that was what Beretta wanted.
    Since the Patrol and the 1301T share a receiver mounting spec, any of the mounts for the latter will fit on the former. So there are good mounts for RMR- and T1/T2-pattern optics available already, and have been for some time, but I hadn't heard anything about Acro mounts. I'd also chalk that up to P2s being difficult to come by on the civilian market thus far.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Gen 3 1301T?

My understanding is that the Acro has been sparse on the commercial market due to the volume of LE/MIL orders. Similarly, my understanding is the Reptilia mount began with an OEM side order to support an LE contract with the Steiner MPS (it shares the footprint with the Acro, and Steiner is under the Beretta Holdings umbrella). Lots of these cool guy programs pop up from an LE or MIL contract the need a specialized part; the only thing is that contract will have priority for delivery over commercial orders.
    Ben_G,

Any word on a possible Gen 3 1301T with the new A300 handguard and the improved A300 loading area?

Quote Originally Posted by Dman514 View Post
    Ben_G,

Any word on a possible Gen 3 1301T with the new A300 handguard and the improved A300 loading area?
    I can't comment on future development.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Cool.

I totally understand. I appreciate what you have contributed to this forum!

For quite a long time, when the Navy was asked whether a ship had nuclear weapons on board, the answer was,"We will neither confirm or deny". The choice of words is important and the consistency even more so. If you deny something under some circumstances, but not under other, the inference is an unspoken affirmation. The statement sounds wishy-washy, but it isn't. It is carefully crafted and when it is the response in all circumstances, you never run into the problem of giving information away. It is always Schrodinger's Cat, Fuck around and find out.

I say this for all those who might take the statement of "I can't comment on future development" as a positive, i.e. yes we are, because it isn't a flat denial. The assumption that he said yes because he didn't say no isn't fair and not actually accurate. Give him a break.

As for Beretta and anyone representing them, let me suggest the decades tested statement of the US Navy. Neither confirm or deny. Which is much more diplomatic than "Fuck You", even though it kind of means the same thing!

Wow...ok then...

Off to a great start here.

Two rounds of buckshot and I noticed that the handguard was flexing. I pushed it back into place and fired two more rounds. Once again, the handguard separated. I shelved the gun at that point as I wasn't really sure what was going on with it and I had other things to do during my range session.

Got the gun home and took it apart. I suspected that there were tabs that held the handguard on and that one had broken off. Sure enough, upon disassembly, I found this.

Four rounds...In four rounds, the mag coupler/barrel clamp started walking. Also, upon disassembly of the mag clamp, the mag tube cover was tight so i'm not sure how the handguard was able to move like it did other than the fact that the tab was broken out of the gate.

I also picked up an A300 Ultima Synthetic 28 inch barreled gun. I was there as my FFL received it. The stock was all scratched up right out of the box. I'm not sure if I can make Beretta QC for the way that they pack their guns but I'm 0-2 for Beretta Shotgun products so far.... NOT impressed.

That sucks! But it gives you a reason to upgrade the foregrip…

On one of my first range trips with my 1301, I has a few light strikes. It turned out to be that the forend wasn’t fully seated and the mag tube cover could be tightened about 1/4 rotation. That was operator error. It turned out that when I assembled the gun before the range trip, I thought I hat the forend fully seated and the mag cove fully tightened, but it wasn’t.

I’ve since ditched the tube clamp and always make sure the forend is fully seated when I disassemble the gun. I also drew a small witness mark on the tube cover so I can quickly check if it has come loose, but even without the clamp, it hasn’t moved… but I always check the tightness every 20-30 shots just in case!

Longer upper Pic Rail

Maybe I missed it but after going through this whole thread about three times I did not see a longer Picatinny rail tail that can mount to the upper mounts with the rear sight gone. I prefer to use a MePro M21 old-school red dot sight on my home defense shotgun and never worry about batteries. It fit and worked perfectly on my M4 that 1301 replaced. There are low risers that elevate the sight .42" that will give me the needed 9 slots(verses the 7), but I'm not certain how this would mess up aiming the gun?

User Tag List