Page 583 of 675 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593633 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Stopped at the range for a quick visit to see how some different ammo worked and to pattern some 8 pellet FC loads.

My particular 1301 loved the Federal target loads below. Didn’t really care for the Winchester pictured and flat out wouldn’t run with the 1060fps Herter’s, which I figured was gonna happen. But figured I’d give it a shot.

Attachment 91894

With the understanding that I hadn’t confirmed zero on this 1301, here’s the result from the 8 pellet FC loads. The 20 yard shot was weird. Super tight but felt different and actually was an FTE. Had a Cyl choke in. Gotta get back out and re-zero this and run some more 8 pellet through it.
    My experience has been that if I use a shot weight of 1 and 1/8 or more, with a three dram powder load, the 1301 will run like a rock star.

Lighter than that does not work effectively.

Stopped at the range for a quick visit to see how some different ammo worked and to pattern some 8 pellet FC loads.

My particular 1301 loved the Federal target loads below. Didn’t really care for the Winchester pictured and flat out wouldn’t run with the 1060fps Herter’s, which I figured was gonna happen. But figured I’d give it a shot.

Attachment 91894

With the understanding that I hadn’t confirmed zero on this 1301, here’s the result from the 8 pellet FC loads. The 20 yard shot was weird. Super tight but felt different and actually was an FTE. Had a Cyl choke in. Gotta get back out and re-zero this and run some more 8 pellet through it.

Attachment 91895
    I have used the winchester and federal loads pictured to good effect shooting clay pigeon during a game called crazy quail. It's a fun way to get time behind the gun, and do at least some loading even if limited.

I had no issues with accuracy or reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    We've been getting a notable number of orders from the LV area
    Which optic foot print?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I would say yes, based on experience.
    I have a 391 Extreama that I rigged up a Nordic tube for and used for a while in three gun. Then I have moved the same Nordic nut and tube over to my 1301C. I also had the sleeve that is the nut off of my 1301T, the threads are all the same.
    You were right. I bought the E8A157 cap and it threads just fine onto the 5 round tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    The tube is threaded in and has thread locking compound on it. However, it is screwed in more than hand tight. I couldn't squeeze the tube tight enough to get it to break free even after heating it to 240F with a heat gun. In the end I grabbed it with some Cobra channel locks close to the threads and it popped loose right before I thought it would crush flat. The new 5rd tube threaded in without any real effort and I used thread locker on it to keep it from coming out.

There is a video of a guy changing the mag tube on a Benelli M4 and he just twists the tube out by hand after heating it with a heat gun. That video didn't represent my gun, maybe you'll get lucky though.
    I'm going to be doing the exact same thing you did. Just wanted to confirm a few things

-Anything else I need to disassemble other than removing the barrel, handguard, bolt assembly, and trigger housing group?
    -did you keep the blowtorch flame on the outside of the receiver or hit the threaded area of the magazine tube?
    -how damaged was your 7 round tube after you got it out? Would it still be usable?
    -do you just thread the new tube into the receiver until it bottoms out or is there a maximum depth you want to thread into?
    Last edited by shootist26; 07-28-2022 at 03:53 PM.

It had a failure to extract with the 8 pellet Flight control load? Did I read that correctly? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    My experience has been that if I use a shot weight of 1 and 1/8 or more, with a three dram powder load, the 1301 will run like a rock star.
    Lighter than that does not work effectively.
    I have run many 7/8oz loads through my 391 Xtreama, but it is for sure broken in. One time as a test I think I loaded a 3.5" shell behind a 7/8oz load and it worked, but to say that gun is broken in would be an understatement

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    You were right. I bought the E8A157 cap and it threads just fine onto the 5 round tube.
    Good Deal!

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    I'm going to be doing the exact same thing you did. Just wanted to confirm a few things

-Anything else I need to disassemble other than removing the barrel, handguard, bolt assembly, and trigger housing group?
    -did you keep the blowtorch flame on the outside of the receiver or hit the threaded area of the magazine tube?
    -how damaged was your 7 round tube after you got it out? Would it still be usable?
    -do you just thread the new tube into the receiver until it bottoms out or is there a maximum depth you want to thread into?
    I have not done this but when I have contemplated it I was thinking of screwing two 2x4s together and drilling a hole between them about the diameter of the tube, then taking them apart and using them as a clamping surface, and maybe some nice two sided tape on the tube. Just a scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    It had a failure to extract with the 8 pellet Flight control load? Did I read that correctly? Thanks.
    That is correct. Felt off and there was ZERO spread and their should have been at 20 yards. I’m gonna shoot some more from same lot and see what’s up.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

The way that you describe it makes it sound like the individual round was off. I have heard that some semiauto shotguns have problems with the 8 pellet load. I have not had any problems with my Beretta 1301 with the Federal FC 8 pellet load, but I am sticking with the 9 pellet load just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    The way that you describe it makes it sound like the individual round was off. I have heard that some semiauto shotguns have problems with the 8 pellet load. I have not had any problems with my Beretta 1301 with the Federal FC 8 pellet load, but I am sticking with the 9 pellet load just to be safe.
    I’m gonna burn through a few more boxes of the 8 pellet load to make sure it was a fluke. I’ll keep ya informed.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List