Page 572 of 680 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582622672 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Any more info on the new GGG mount? Links?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    I haven't had time to follow up on this yet, but I've observed this behavior from my 1301...

WITH AND EMPTY GUN AND DUMMY SHELL in the chamber,I can slam the buttstock on the ground and I hear a spring loaded mechanism letting loose. With or without the safety on. I'd assumed that this was the hammer striking the firing pin, which is why many folks consider shotguns to not be as drop safe as other weapons. But curiously, I can still pull the trigger and release the hammer (after slamming the buttstock and hearing the noise).

I experimented by using a paint pen on my dummy shell primer (plastic, has been deformed already) to determine if it is struck by the firing pin when the weapon is slammed on the buttstock. I still couldn't say for sure if it's being struck by the slamming of the buttstock. I did the slam test 3 times with the paint seeming undisturbed, then a 4th slam with pulling the trigger, lastly, just pulling the trigger. Each time the paint didn't seem to change.

If anyone has better dummy shells or testing methods can tell me A) what's releasing when the gun is slammed B) is the primer struck by the slam C) is the shotgun safe to fire after slammed when pulling the trigger. That would be amazing.
    Is it the bolt/bolt carrier moving? That’s a thing that can happen with semi-autos of all flavors. If it didn’t then it also wouldn’t reciprocate when gas hits the op rod. You might be able to capture it on video if your phone has a slow motion feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Any more info on the new GGG mount? Links?
    I'm interested too.

I’m curious why LTT switched some products to GGG? Parts availability possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    The Blitzkrieg front sight is a full 1/8 inch taller that the OEM front sight.

You can get a Long Stem aperture from XS sights that will allow for more elevation adjustments and still have adequate engagement for the set screws.

Here is a Long Stem DIY Mod that allows for an an absolute co-witness.
    Attachment 91068
    It occurred to me, will the Blitzkrieg front sight work with an OEM rear sight? It should but it should have worked with the CROM too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I’m curious why LTT switched some products to GGG? Parts availability possibly?
    I'm just guessing but I assume availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Is it the bolt/bolt carrier moving? That’s a thing that can happen with semi-autos of all flavors. If it didn’t then it also wouldn’t reciprocate when gas hits the op rod. You might be able to capture it on video if your phone has a slow motion feature.
    Nailed it! If I hold the charging handle I no longer hear the noise of the sprigged mechanism letting loose. So, it was the bolt carrier moving slightly to the rear when I slammed the buttstock, then going forward. Which sounds obvious, but I didn't expect the giant spring to be weak enough to allow it to move when I did that. Lesson learned!
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    It occurred to me, will the Blitzkrieg front sight work with an OEM rear sight? It should but it should have worked with the CROM too.
    I haven’t tried it.

The Blitzkrieg and the XS front sight are a full 1/8 taller than the OEM front sight.

Sighting is dependent on how you mount the gun, your cheek weld, vision, and preferences.

For me, with the red dot off, irons only, I ran out of elevation with the standard CROM aperture. When raised to the preferred height there isn’t enough stem for the set screws to engage.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I haven’t tried it.

The Blitzkrieg and the XS front sight are a full 1/8 taller than the OEM front sight.

Sighting is dependent on how you mount the gun, your cheek weld, vision, and preferences.

For me, with the red dot off, irons only, I ran out of elevation with the standard CROM aperture. When raised to the preferred height there isn’t enough stem for the set screws to engage.
    Same here. I'm going to wait and see what GG&G and Scalarworks come up with before I buy anything else.

I've probably got 700+ shells through my 1301. After this last session of over 100 shells I was not able to clean it right away like I would normally. A week later I went to clean it and had to use a soft rubber mallet to remove the barrel. When I did, a rubber o-ring fell from the piston assembly.

The O-ring is part# C5A038.

I'm curious if those of you who don't religiously clean your 1301 like I normally do, have had this o-ring fail when disassembling the shotgun? I don't believe it's 100% required to be in place for the shotgun to fire, but I'll be looking to get a replacement ASAP. Though, I'm a bit disappointed to have an expendable o-ring within the gas system.

EDIT: Looks like Freedom Fighter Tactical is the only US store with these in stock. it's 2x the price ($15) and shipping is $20. Anyone know a better place? Brownells and Midwest don't have them in stock. Beretta USA doesn't even have them listed.
    Last edited by trajiiic; 07-11-2022 at 01:38 PM.
    "Follow me!"

User Tag List